PDA

View Full Version : poor documentation

BigWumpus
- 24th September 2007, 20:08
Today, I received my new PBP 2.50 on CD and a new printed manual. Each part cost several Euros.

But again - the documentation is lousy !
On melabs website there is the version history with
"Adds Define to disable/enable interrupts for Write."

But, where the hell is the documentation to use this feature ?
You must look inside the *.libs ...

Next time I will begin a new project - with swordfish !

Dave
- 24th September 2007, 20:58
BigWumpus , Can't you read? Look at page 204 under DEFINE WRITE_INT 1. All the command does is disable any interrupts when you are writing to eeprom locations. I'm sure
Swordfish documentation is lacking just as much. That's why there is a forum....

Dave Purola,
N8NTA

BigWumpus
- 24th September 2007, 21:18
Just look on page 162 - 5.87. WRITE - nothing !

Use the online-Reference in MCS - nothing !

Look inside all the README.TXTs - nothing !

This is not the first time I'm looking for DEFINES - they are documented very poor.

My english is not so good to write more angry things, I made my decission for me, and one of them is to give swordfish a change, not Proton.

Next time I may start writing about the CONFIG-trouble (18Fxxxx).

Ioannis
- 25th September 2007, 07:54
BigWumpus is right at least in part of it.

If one is going to search the official site of MELABS he won't find the new manual. So if I would like to upgrade my version, should I make it blindly just because I "trust" the good old MELABS? Or should I check at least the new manual before buy?

I know, the cost of the upgrade is not much for many (or few) but why bother to?

I still believe it is a good product for what is advertised to do. And the people behind it are just like me I guess, not of the markenting guys! Too bad, if I may say, because there are so many users of the compiler, waiting very anxiously to obtain the new release and the documentation, in general, from the site presentation to the users manual fails short from the expectations.

Ioannis