PDA

View Full Version : My first Blinky!

nomad
- 20th September 2007, 07:50
http://www.ladycards.com/blinky/blinkysmall.jpg (http://www.ladycards.com/blinky)

I'm so proud to have done this I had to share.

'************************************************* ***************
'* Name : buckets of grass clippings *
'* Author : Completely plagarized from picbasic.co.uk forums *
'* Notice : Copyright(c) Melanie, Mister e, and others *
'* : All Rights Reserved *
'* Date : 9/19/2007 *
'* Version : 666 *
'* Notes : Magu special in the works! *
'* : *
'************************************************* ***************
'
' Pic Configuration
' =================
' (By Melanie)
'
' Here we will set the PIC configuration fuses
' to use the internal PIC oscillator and disable the MCLR
' pin.
'
'@ __CONFIG _INTRC_OSC_NOCLKOUT & _MCLRE_OFF & _LVP_OFF & _WDT_OFF & _PWRTE_ON & _BODEN_ON
'
' This assume you're using MPASM to compile your code
' For detailed information about Configuration fuse setting,
' have a look to "Presetting Configuration Fuses (PIC Defines)" thread
' in the forum FAQ section.
' http://www.picbasic.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=543
'
' Nomad - went there and stole the correct shtuff for psasm
'
@ DEVICE pic16F628A, INTRC_OSC_NOCLKOUT
' System Clock Options
@ DEVICE pic16F628A, WDT_ON
' Watchdog Timer
@ DEVICE pic16F628A, PWRT_ON
' Power-On Timer
@ DEVICE pic16F628A, MCLR_OFF
' Master Clear Options (Internal)
@ DEVICE pic16F628A, BOD_ON
' Brown-Out Detect
@ DEVICE pic16F628A, LVP_OFF
' Low-Voltage Programming
@ DEVICE pic16F628A, CPD_OFF
' Data Memory Code Protect
' Set to CPD_OFF for Development Copy
' Set to CPD_ON for Release Copy
@ DEVICE pic16F628A, PROTECT_OFF
' Program Code Protection
' Set to PROTECT_OFF for Development Copy
' Set to PROTECT_ON for Release Copy

'
' Hardware assignment
' ===================
GCB_1 VAR PORTB.0
GCB_2 VAR PORTB.1
GCB_3 VAR PORTB.2

'
' Hardware configuration
' ======================
TRISB = 0 ' Configure all PORTB i/o to output

'
' Software/Hardware initialisation
' ================================
PORTB = 0
' Nomad - bit confused by that bit there
'------------------------------< Main program >-----------------------------------
' by Mister e
Start: '
' Here will do the 'buckets of grass clippings' light show
' using a simple method... not the best
'
GCB_1 = 1
PAUSE 500
GCB_2 = 1
PAUSE 500
GCB_3 = 1
PAUSE 500
GCB_1 = 0
PAUSE 500
GCB_2 = 0
PAUSE 500
GCB_3 = 0
PAUSE 500
GOTO Start
'
'---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
' Mustard used on brats, find ssubstitute.
' Substituted kidney stones for rocks here but had to remove
' Sorry I had to go!
' Insert Stolen code from T. Jackson and Darrel here

mackrackit
- 20th September 2007, 08:01
Another one ADDICTED. :D

Archangel
- 20th September 2007, 08:39
Congratulations nomad,
Now you have an excuse to live without sleep or the company of your significant others.
Your family and friends will give you strange looks if you tell them you stayed up all night playing with your blinky :) . . . Glad you shared it !

Wilson
- 20th September 2007, 09:45
Well Done!!

Wilson

T.Jackson
- 20th September 2007, 10:08
Well, congratulations! Just don't get too hooked, and don't go around submitting your work to magazines for publication, unless you want people to get some crazy thoughts in their head that you have sundry inventions and whatnot. Because before you know it - you'll have the secret service staking you out in your neighbors backyard.

mackrackit
- 20th September 2007, 10:22
- you'll have the secret service staking you out in your neighbors backyard.

As long as they share their donuts :) I'm all for it.

T.Jackson
- 20th September 2007, 11:05
I consider it to be a complete violation of a persons rights. Poor man invents something, media find out, initiate an investigation, they realize he hasn't got any money (so he can't sue us - we're covered) drug him up on truth syrup, stake him out, bug his house, car, phones and intercept his TV with our own content (this is brilliant by the way, I don't know they they do it) - repeat all steps an infinite number of times until we get the invention.

Still all for it?

sayzer
- 20th September 2007, 11:10
I'm so proud to have done this I had to share.

Hey Nomad, unfortunately, I found a mistake. I know this will make you unhappy as this is the first time you wanted to share your code.

The mistake:
"plagarized" is mistyped. It should be as "plagiarized".

:) :) :)

Keep sharing.

mackrackit
- 20th September 2007, 12:48
I consider it to be a complete violation of a persons rights. Poor man invents something, media find out, initiate an investigation, they realize he hasn't got any money (so he can't sue us - we're covered) drug him up on truth syrup, stake him out, bug his house, car, phones and intercept his TV with our own content (this is brilliant by the way, I don't know they they do it) - repeat all steps an infinite number of times until we get the invention.

Still all for it?

WOW! Just like in the movies.

now I am slowly moving to the door, trying not to make any sudden moves:eek:

nomad
- 20th September 2007, 15:30
Another one ADDICTED

Yip!

Your family and friends will give you strange looks if you tell them you stayed up all night playing with your blinky :) . . . Glad you shared it !

Actually I did spend a few hours trying to get it programmed, my serial port was bad so had to remove my wifes dongle and use her port. :P

crazy thoughts, wiretaps, yeehaw! count me in!

*homer voice* MMMMMmmmmmmmmmm Donuts!

it actually was my first blinky..

And plagarized is spelled correctly for my planet ( I reject your reality and substitute my own - "mythbusters") :)

T.Jackson
- 21st September 2007, 04:06
WOW! Just like in the movies.

now I am slowly moving to the door, trying not to make any sudden moves:eek:

Yup, just like the movies. One of the first things they'll do is your profile. This includes a rough round about figure of your IQ. Then they'll drug you up on mind manipulating substances and attempt to infiltrate. Believe me when I tell you; your girl friend or wife could indeed be a secret service agent. Your boss might even be one too! :eek:

mackrackit
- 21st September 2007, 13:23
[quot]Your boss might even be one too! [/quote]
Come to think of it , strange things have been going on....

T.Jackson
- 21st September 2007, 15:03
The thing that has impressed me the most is this gadget they have. I dunno what you'd call it, but what it does is project sound from a distance. When I say a distance I mean a long way, few hundred meters or so. Typically they use it to project voice, and this thing penetrates through most matter including; glass!, gyp-rock walls! Don't confuse a megaphone with this. It's entirely different. I get the impression that, once the projected acoustics hit an object that is not penetrable, or it looses range - that's when you hear the sound. It hits the object, boom! - this energy explodes and translates into audible sound.

So, for example, if there's 2 people standing 500 meters apart - (we'll call these two people a & b respectively) - and there's a 3rd person in between them, person a can use this contraption, pointed at person b's head to transmit their voice to them, all with the person in the middle being none the wiser! I did a bit on sound & acoustics at Tafe many years ago, this thing has me baffled as to how it works.

Any thoughts?

rhino
- 21st September 2007, 15:57
I've heard of something like this. The application I heard about was for advertising purposes. eg. You walk by a soda machine and you can hear a fizzing sound, triggering you to think...."hmm, a soda 'sounds' good about now". You turn and look, and to your amazement, there's a soda machine sitting there waiting for your money! Not sure how they do it either.... probably has something to do with flux capacitors, dingle arms or gertle springs.

T.Jackson
- 21st September 2007, 16:39
Flux capacitors?, like the ones from Back-to-The-Future? lol ...
I think what it's doing is projecting a quantified amount of energy (call this the carrier) - and riding a long side this energy is the audio (or at least part of it). Similar to RF, we have a carrier and the audio modulating it, but instead of an electrical receiver, we have physical matter to do the same thing at receiving end. My guess is that, the carrier is just a huge mass of power. This thing is highly focused and can be used with incredible pinpoint accuracy. I have been standing in a crowd full of people with this thing projecting voice into my ear and no one else around me hears a thing.

(And no I'm not nuts, my psychiatrist assures me) :D

Bruce
- 21st September 2007, 19:00
Something like this? http://www.atcsd.com/site/

T.Jackson
- 22nd September 2007, 03:35
Yup, that's it!!!

SOMRU
- 25th September 2007, 17:29
I remember my first blinky.....
It,s still around here somewhere,
Isn't coding great!