PDA

View Full Version : Microcode studio loader problem

woodygjw
- 8th September 2007, 19:05
I am having a problem with microcode loader on my computer. I have one serial port on my computer (com 1) that I use for the loader. I also have a usb to serial adapter that I use for my programmer (com 5).

Microcode loader will work properly if I use it within Microcode studio plus. But if I use the stand alone loader outside of the studio, it only shows com 5. I cannot select com 1. But, I can select either from within microcode studio. If I unplug my usb to serial adapter, then it does show com 1 in the stand alone loader.

Any ideas here? I have uninstalled Microcode studio plus and re-installed, same thing. It used to work, but I am not sure what changed. I have attached pics showing my problem. Thanks in advance.

Greg

Darrel Taylor
- 9th September 2007, 01:01
Not sure if it's the same thing or not, but BrianT was having a similar problem and found something that worked. (I think)

http://www.picbasic.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=6670&highlight=com1

_

woodygjw
- 10th September 2007, 01:18
Well, I did look at that thread and I do have sorta the same problem. My loader does not work either outside of Microcode studio, but everything works within it (including the loader.) But my registry does show both ports, BrianT's had his com1 missing.

I emailed David Barker a few days ago, I will wait to see if he says anything...

Greg