PDA

View Full Version : PBPW out of memory error

sougata
- 31st August 2007, 08:56
Hi,

It has been some time that I have used PBP and while trying to maintain some 16F code it would not compile. Tried with old 18F codes and worked. Normally use MPASM but tried pbp's own assembler too. No luck. So looking for some suggestions before I start digging.

Bruce
- 31st August 2007, 19:04
Without a crystal ball, it's tough for anyone to help with code that refuses to compile..;o}

Could you post the code that's giving you problems?

sougata
- 1st September 2007, 05:18
Hi,

Thanks Bruce for responding. Just about anycode would give the same error for a 16F chip. Tried re-installing, didn't work.

Main:
Goto Main

Even the code above would not compile.

sougata
- 1st September 2007, 06:42
Hi,

The files which would not compile (16Fs) were copied from a network computer so they were being blocked by the Windows Firewall. When I was trying to erase all the code and save it using the save as dialogue the same attributes were being passed off being in the same folder. (I guess) Thus the simplest code ever also would not compile. The 18Fs which were compiling were on the local system thus no issues. I thought it must be something with the PBP lib file. But it was all due to the windows firewall.

Solution:
Right click on the file and hit properties and click unblock, ok. This should let PBPW access it without any trouble.

Bruce
- 1st September 2007, 13:46
Glad you found that. I did something similar once over my home network, and it also returned
some odd-ball errors. Now I just copy all files to all PCs' on the network for local copies.

It's nice to have plenty of back-up copies of everything.