PDA

View Full Version : Weather Station wireless

jetpr
- 8th August 2007, 03:37
I don ’t now is this type of discussion can by hire in this forum if not the I am sorry but I like to now

Hello friends I have an Idea of a project of a Weather Station wireless connected to a pc and the Screen Background of the computer is where the Data Display of the Weather Station is monitored.

Is some one is interested for this project to help my done this and the Visual Basic Code and PicBasic Code and the circuit is Open Source.

Project Tools
1) PicBasic Pro or PicBasic
2) Microcode Studio or Equivalent
3) VB 6.0
4) USB interface
5) Eagle Cad or Equivalent

Weather Station
1) Wireless
2) USB
3) Win Speed
4) Altimeter
5) Barometric pressure
6) Win Direction
7) Water collection
8) Pic18f2620 or Pic18f_____
9) Solar Cell

T.Jackson
- 8th August 2007, 05:47
You're talking about a complex concoction of electrical, mechanical, mathematical & computer stuff to do the job properly. You can buy something that does all this and much more for about a 100th of the cost to engineer it. No thanks. http://jaycar.com.au/productView.asp?ID=XC0291&CATID=&keywords=Weather+station&SPECIAL=&form=KEYWORD&ProdCodeOnly=&Keyword1=&Keyword2=&pageNumber=&priceMin=&priceMax=&SUBCATID=

ohararp
- 8th August 2007, 21:17
T.Jackson...your solution is boring. I think the whole point here is to learn some new stuff and MAKE some cool electronics. I am in the process of doing something very similar to your project using commercial off the shelf (COTS) products and XBEE.

Checkout http://fascinatingelectronics.com/weatherinst.html for a great and cheap anememometer and wind vane.

Tie this to some www.hoperf.com barometer and temperature sensors

Throw in a pic to talk to these and an 2XBEE's for serial wireless and you are good to go my friend!

That or hack up an aagelectonics.com 1 wire station and you are also in great shape.

T.Jackson
- 9th August 2007, 12:27
T.Jackson...your solution is boring.

See that's where you're wrong. My solution isn't just boring - I'm boring! and it comes with old age. The older I get, the closer I'm becoming to "normal" Normal people don't go out and spend thousands of dollars trying to engineer something that they know they can go and buy for $300. A tried, true & proven product developed by a team of professionals Vs countless hours, lot of money, lot of frustration, and if you're lucky it might turn out half as good. Like I said before, no thanks.

Acetronics2
- 9th August 2007, 12:40
Hi, Trent

You're newbie on this forum ... that explains you do not know our friend "Jetpr" ...

Take it easy, look for some of his old posts here and here:

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=199

You'll laugh at many times (...) and it will make you much,much much cooler than when smoking illegals ...

Alain

T.Jackson
- 9th August 2007, 12:59
Alain, you're right, I do need a new hobby, an RC helicopter is quite possibly something in my future. PS: ease up on those illegals, they'll kill ya you know.

Acetronics2
- 9th August 2007, 13:22
Alain, you're right, I do need a new hobby, an RC helicopter is quite possibly something in my future. PS: ease up on those illegals, they'll kill ya you know.

Hi, Trent

My own and only "illegals" are thoroughly kept into Old Bottles in my Cellar ... LOL.

Stopped tobacco since 1980 ... and lawn tractor abusing make me keep as far away as possible from all sorts of herbs !!!

Methanol vapours ( I'm a modeller ! ) need " a strong Alcohol glass " ( sic dixit Medicine man ...) to counterbalance the bad effects on the Brain.

RC planes ( motor or sail ) also are quite a pleasant hobby ...

Alain

T.Jackson
- 9th August 2007, 13:40
How hard are those choppers to fly? I'm considerably tempted to go and buy one.

Jumper
- 9th August 2007, 14:34
RC-helicopters are cheap, durable and extremely easy to fly. They are close to impossible to crash and require almost no skills and patience :-) .

hmmm... not really..... a fat wallet and lots of spareparts and hook up with a RC club with intructors or you will go mad sooner or later (or broke, or both)

Acetronics2
- 9th August 2007, 14:56
Jumper is Right

Flying models really is a group hobby ... ( Instructor + pupil, then Friends + pupil, then spectators with no-more-a-pupil ...)

I've seen MANY cool clubs in Australia ...

Abusing a while from Darrel's time ( LOL ), I'd say planes have one advantage ... MUCH cheaper than Helis !!! and wooden ones can most of time be repaired at a minimum cost ...

Now we have to speak about PbP applied to model planes ...

Alain

T.Jackson
- 9th August 2007, 15:05
Hmmm, probably best then that I just stick to doing my bachelors degree and officially pronounce myself a cave bound Java / C++ geek for the next five to ten years. Unfortunately I don't have a wallet full of cash to be able to go around crashing $1,000 helicopters into peoples backyards. Geez, just think of the money on lawsuits I'm gonna save too! Blah

jetpr
- 23rd August 2007, 23:35
here is to learn some new stuff and MAKE some cool electronics

Acetronics2
- 24th August 2007, 13:19
Hi, Hi, Hi

A Model jet Turbine starting with auxilliary propane ... not so much on the market !!!

The interesting stuff is IN the TQFP44 Box ( 16F877 ???) , and not PbP Written ...

A Scheme is nothing at all without ITS corresponding soft ...

Alain

jetpr
- 24th August 2007, 13:34
Yes I Now

but i have the code in PBP for the pic18f2620 i modify the circuit and the code

Acetronics2
- 24th August 2007, 13:41
Yes I Now

but i have the code in PBP

I Saw that somewhere ... but did not know the '2620 had 44 pins available ...

By the way ... your beautiful scheme doesn't correspond to such a 18F series processor.

Was the Manufacturer's scheme ???

Alain

jetpr
- 24th August 2007, 20:38
Yes i now that is the Old design