View Full Version : What is " == "?

Normnet
- 2nd August 2007, 07:32
What is " == "?
Is it assembly?

Norm

T.Jackson
- 2nd August 2007, 09:32
The == operator is for comparison purposes in languages like; C, C++ and Java.

int a = 0;
int b = 0;

if (a == 100)
{
b = 200;
}

Just one "=" is used for assigning however though.

keithdoxey
- 2nd August 2007, 10:20
The == operator is for comparison purposes in languages like; C, C++ and Java.

int a = 0;
int b = 0;

if (a == 100)
{
b = 200;
}

Just one "=" is used for assigning however though.

and PHP :)

T.Jackson
- 2nd August 2007, 10:54
Speaking of PHP, I won last month's coding competition on PSC and there's a number of prizes that I'm eligible for. One of which includes a copy of Nusphere's PhpED valued at $299. http://shop.nusphere.com/customer/home.php?cat=9 it's an excellent IDE, arguably THE best PHP around.

Thing is, I have no immediate use for it. (I already have v4.6 that I won last year) Question is, is there anyone here that would like a copy of it at a heavily discounted price, lets say $125 - any takers? If so, I'd be willing to accept this prize and forward it onto the purchaser.

Jerson
- 2nd August 2007, 15:13
Congratulations Trent

I took a peek at your code of Donkey Kong. I consider myself advanced at VB6, but man, you are GOOD. You deserved to win.

T.Jackson
- 2nd August 2007, 15:52
Thanks Jerson :)

I took votes from 2 of the best coders on PSC with that - so I'm considerably quite pleased. However I didn't expect it to win this month though (it's not finished - no where near it in fact) Hope it may spark some considerable interest in the community whereby proving that VB isn't quite as incapable for making quality games as many people believe. On the other hand, it is also direct proof that VB isn't exactly THE most efficient language for writing games in. A PIII or better system is required for Donkey Kong (a relatively simple game by today's standards) Even with DirectX implemented - VB would struggle along at around 50fps on a mid end PIII. So it should come as no surprise that most serious game programmers today are relying on BlizBasic (which is what VB should have been for game programming) Anyhow, thanks for the sincere vote of confidence!