PDA

View Full Version : Mister_E Please read...

bill12780
- 26th July 2007, 20:10
Hello Mister_E,

First let me kiss a little butt. I have been reading alot here and frankly..."You the man!"

Second, and I know this would be alot to ask. But concerning your Keypad.bas include. It great that you have taken your time to create that for everyone to use.

But, I think that there are some of us out here that are trying to learn as well as complete a project. I could simply include your keypad.bas file and be done with it...But I have learned nothing but how to copy, paste, and use the "include" feature.

Your code is is well formatted/commented and easy to read. But it's a very complex (at least for me) "theory" scanning a keypad and your comments do not answer my questions of "why?"

What I was wondering is if you could maybe write a small "tutorial" on scanning keypads using your file as an example.

I know its a BIG thing to ask. But I think MANY people would appreciate it. If there was ANYTHING I could do for you I would in a heart beat. But frankly your so far out my league concerning this stuff that anything I said or did would be insulting to you.

Please think about it.

Best regards, and thank you for your input here it is simply invaluable!
bill12780

bill12780
- 27th July 2007, 07:31
Hey I just found a great post that expained the multiplexing process...

http://www.picbasic.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=6311

This all probly is way simple for you. But there are so many variables etc.. in your file its hard (for me anyway) to figure out just exactly what you were doing. The post above explains (at least one way) how to do it in nice easy to follow tearms that a simplton like me can follow.

By the way. I still think your the man. You and Darrel....I have went from never doing anything like this to being able to do all kinds of different programs from blinky to reading and writing to the internal EEPROM! LCD stuff, Math, motor control...all in about two weeks!

Never have gotten this far with out you two. KUDDOS to you both! Between your posts, the manual, the book by chuck hellebucke(sp), and the datasheet its been hard at times but LOTS of fun! Thanks for your help!

I think I can figure it out now.

I would still love to see a tutorial by you if and when you have the time.

Thanks again for all you do here and if Darrel reads this thanks to you too!

I when and if i ever make it work I will post it and maybe you could give me some pointers!

thanks again,

Bill12780