PDA

View Full Version : Need help getting started- setting the configuration word

Michael Wakileh
- 17th July 2007, 19:49
Hi, I'm a new to Pic programming and I have some questions reguarding IDE's, PBP, and WRITING to the CONFIG registers.

I've just aquired a PICkit2 Debug Express Programmer and microchip's low pincount demo board with a 16f690. Unfortunately the pickit2 burning software can't change the configuration word directly.

I would like to use INTOSCIO mode on PIC16f690 (use internal oscillater to save 2 pins for other use), thus (besides the OSCCON register) I must set FOSC<2:0> bits of the Configuration word to %100.

I have not found any detailed coding information on setting the Config word, and would be greatful for any advice or links to good information.
In particular i am wondering if there are any defines or includes that I should know of, or if the config word can be set directly in hex or binary using assembly or pbp.

I'm not sure if its relevant to my problem, but I am currently testing Microcode Studio as the IDE...and have not gotten a chance yet to look at MPLAB.

Any help is greatly appreciated....

Michael Wakileh
- 17th July 2007, 20:02
Nevermind...Somehow I had missed this page.

http://www.melabs.com/support/config_defaults.htm

Anyway, has anyone here installed the Pickit2 programmer in Microcode Studio?

Archangel
- 17th July 2007, 20:29
Welcome Michael,
You have come to the right place to learn and share in MeLabs P basic Pro programming. This great forum has a search feature (see button above) and lots of experts, (not me). here is an link to one of your questions:
http://www.picbasic.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=543&highlight=configuration+fuse

Dick Ivers
- 18th July 2007, 03:19
PICkit2 in Microcode Studio
Go to View/Compile and Programmer Options/Programmer/Edit
Enter: PICkit2v2.exe as the Programmer Filename
Use find automatically
Blank the next entry

Michael Wakileh
- 18th July 2007, 19:45
Thanks for the swift replies! Both were really useful!