PDA

View Full Version : code source

meyou
- 9th August 2004, 08:39
Please,
i need to do a program in java on my pc that controls and sends data to a pic16f877(master) via an interface max232.
The master also communicates with 31 slaves and all of them are programmed with picbasic to serially communicate each other.

please, i want the code source in java that should be written on the pc to communicate with the external pic.

Thank you a lot.

Dwayne
- 9th August 2004, 19:29
Hello Meyou,

Meyou>>i need to do a program in java on my pc that controls and sends data to a pic16f877(master) via an interface max232.
The master also communicates with 31 slaves and all of them are programmed with picbasic to serially communicate each other.

please, i want the code source in java that should be written on the pc to communicate with the external pic.<<

Meyou, their are a few problems with your request

1. It takes a great deal of time to produce a program as such.
2. Very few folks use Java.
3. You are expecting us to do all the work for you.
4. You are asking for program in a 4th or 5th generation language... Most folks here use Pic Basic Pro...not Java. Some (like me) use large compilers like Borland, Watcom, and Microsoft, but not to use with PIC's, because it is too combersum for most applications. If we want to communicate with our chips, we use the built in Hyperterminal for our use. Much easier, quicker, and no coding.

Now what you can do, is there are some examples of communication with Hyperterminal and the Max232 on this forum. Download that, get the Hyperterminal working with your project first, then attempt the Java program. This would be the easiest way to accomplish your idea.

I would suggest the following order.

1. Download the Max232/PIC schematic and wire it all up.
2. Try hyperterminal and see if it works.
a. If it doesn't work, you have a wiring or programming error
3. If everything works so far, then start writing your Java communication package.

Dwayne

FrankM
- 9th August 2004, 21:01
Hi meyou,

you should search a forum about Java and ask there for a source code that acesses the RS-232 Port.

FrankM