PDA

View Full Version : Making Music Still........

Mathy Knaapen
- 27th May 2007, 23:07
Hi Everyone,

I'm still busy making music with a PIC16F873a. The sound en FREQOUT commands are simple to use, but not the kind of sound I'm looking for.

So I tried what Bert did on http://members.home.nl/b.vandam/lonely/pagina47.html , but he writes his programs in a differend language (JAL ??) He lets a Cricket sound playing with a random time interval. So I was thinking.... If my melody is to long to fit in the PIC's memory, I will store 1 note and play that note back faster and slower, so it sounds higher and lower witch results in a beautiful melody.

But I have problems merging the file I produced with the 1 bit converter from Roman Black with my program. And I don't know how to access the bytes.

I tried @ include "bhrams.asm" and I can see that My picstart plus is writing longer than without this include command. So I assume that the file is in the PIC. But where can I find it? and how must I acces it?

I will attach the "bhrams.asm"(you have to rename it). It's noting more than a " dung " for 0.6 seconds. Can anyone tell me how I can find the bits? And if anyone can help me with some code to play it that would be very helpfull....

Greetings Mathy

skimask
- 28th May 2007, 07:54
If my melody is to long to fit in the PIC's memory, I will store 1 note and play that note back faster and slower, so it sounds higher and lower witch results in a beautiful melody.

I can tell you this much...
A 'cricket sound' using 1-bit sound and an R/C filter on the output pin will sound halfway decent...
A melody made with 1-bit sound will be anything but a 'beautiful melody'. It'll sound just like the FREQOUT and SOUND; just like R2D2, distorted square-waves, artificial, 'futuristic', etc.

And that 'JAL' program...with a bit of work, that doesn't look like it would be too hard to convert over to PBP...
So let's see your program...