PDA

View Full Version : Reading Program back from PIC

schlaray
- 4th May 2007, 20:53
I am using Microcode Studio Plus to load a Pic 16F876A with a program. Is there a procedure to read the program from the PIC after it is loaded? I neglected to save the program after loading.

skimask
- 4th May 2007, 21:34
I am using Microcode Studio Plus to load a Pic 16F876A with a program. Is there a procedure to read the program from the PIC after it is loaded? I neglected to save the program after loading.

Depends on your pogram. You're never going to get the actual PBP source back, only the binary code in your PIC.

schlaray
- 5th May 2007, 01:48
How doI get the binary code back?

mister_e
- 5th May 2007, 01:56
Just sit your PIC in your PIC programmer, then read it. This will give you .Hex code which you can translate in ASM in MPLAB.... well MPLAB had this function in the past. Seems V7.60 lost it... or i'm still lost in the clouds.

Unfortunately, there's no way to convert the ASM to PBP ... directly :(

Acetronics2
- 5th May 2007, 10:30
Just sit your PIC in your PIC programmer, then read it. This will give you .Hex code which you can translate in ASM in MPLAB.... well MPLAB had this function in the past. Seems V7.60 lost it... or i'm still lost in the clouds.

Unfortunately, there's no way to convert the ASM to PBP ... directly :(

Hi, Steve

You forgot to tell our friend all his variable names are lost ... just memory locations left.

No problem in V7.60 ( just some strong coffe for you ... NO MORE BEERS !!! ) just think to choose the right tab on the left down side of the program window.

To save the file ( aha .......) re-program the chip ( or another) with this file, and then right click on the window and choose EXPORT ...
I've not found how to export an hex file whithout programming a chip before ...

That's all !!!

Amitiés d'Outre-Atlantique

Alain

mister_e
- 5th May 2007, 10:47
yeah click on op-code tab... my mistake... always worth to move the program memory windows a little bit more to the top of the screen to see the whole thing.. oops.. this confirm i was right to call a taxi to get back home tonight... ils ont des chapeaux ronds... burp... vive les bretons!!! Hick!

schlaray
- 8th May 2007, 13:09
I am still missing something here. "Put PIC in programmer and read it?"
I am using the Melabs U2 programmer along with the Melabs Lab-X1 board to program the PIC.
"Still in the dark."

skimask
- 8th May 2007, 14:23
I am still missing something here. "Put PIC in programmer and read it?"
I am using the Melabs U2 programmer along with the Melabs Lab-X1 board to program the PIC.
"Still in the dark."

Programmer software has a bunch of functions in the menu's. I haven't used the U2 programmer, but I suspect they're all the same (but different), but based on my Warp13a programmer software, I can:
Program a complete PIC
Program just the code memory of a PIC
Program just the eeprom memory of a PIC
Program just the Config Registers of a PIC
Erase the whole PIC
Erase just the program memory
Erase just the EEPROM
Verify the whole PIC
Verify just the code memory
Verify just the EEPROM
Verify just the Config Registers
Read the whole PIC
Read the program memory
Read the EEPROM
Read the Config Registers

EDIT: Just took a look...It's right there under the 'Program' menu...labelled as "READ Ctrl+R"