PDA

View Full Version : Anyone use HIDMaker FS?

TonyA
- 22nd April 2007, 18:16
It states on their website; "Can create standard USB HID devices (e.g. keyboards, mice, joysticks, etc. ) that can be read directly by Windows.

Was wondering if this means you can just use the code generated for the PIC, and have Windows automatically recognize the PIC as a keyboard or mouse, without having to use the code generated for the host PC.

Thanks,
Tony

JEC
- 23rd April 2007, 00:03
It states on their website; "Can create standard USB HID devices (e.g. keyboards, mice, joysticks, etc. ) that can be read directly by Windows.

Was wondering if this means you can just use the code generated for the PIC, and have Windows automatically recognize the PIC as a keyboard or mouse, without having to use the code generated for the host PC.

Thanks,
Tony

Yes - the standard hardware will run without needing to compile the PC side code.

Great product, great support. I'm a happy customer, no other affilliation.

Darrel Taylor
- 23rd April 2007, 00:28
I'm sure it works great. But $599.95 ????

You can do the same thing for FREE with EasyHID, or the melabs demos.
<br>

TonyA
- 23rd April 2007, 01:06
I'm sure it works great. But $599.95 ????

You can do the same thing for FREE with EasyHID, or the melabs demos.
<br>

Hi,

Have you ever used EasyHid? I've read some posts that describe it as not providing enough info to get the job done, at least for a beginner.

From what I understand if you wanted to modify the melabs demos you'd also have to modify the .asm support files? (I assumed you would need to know some assembly in order to do that.)

If it's (HIDMaker) as easy as the say, it seems like the cost would be recouped in time/frustration saved. (At least that's what it seems like initially, as I investigate.)

mister_e
- 23rd April 2007, 01:20
i use Mecanique EasyHID. Not much.

It do everything you need to start.

http://www.mecanique.co.uk/products/usb/easyhid.html

Well, if it's not enough, you could still break the bank and waste that 600USD. But honnestly, i don't see ANY advantages... unless you don't want to scratch your head a little bit.

Follow the USBDemo and Darrel's instant interrupt thread. Should be something to read and try first.

It's still your money so far ;)

Darrel Taylor
- 23rd April 2007, 01:24
You'll have to excuse mister_e's modesty. :)

Everything you need to start can be found here...

USBDemo, something to learn USB a little bit
http://www.picbasic.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=5418
<br>

mister_e
- 23rd April 2007, 01:31
well... thanks and sorry.. you know why :D