PDA

View Full Version : MCS/EPIC (parallel) problems

fowardbias
- 26th March 2007, 02:03
No matter what I've tried I can't get the programmer to remember the setup port, which is LPT1. As soon as a new compile is called I have to go back in and reset the com port. I believe this should be saved in one of the program files. All this came about after moving the whole show from a desktop running Win95 to a laptop running XP. Why doesn't the MCS have a LPT listing in the drop downs, there all serial com1,com3 port ID's. I can program but it's a pain to remember to pick a port each time. Is ther something I am overlooking?

skimask
- 26th March 2007, 02:22
No matter what I've tried I can't get the programmer to remember the setup port, which is LPT1. As soon as a new compile is called I have to go back in and reset the com port. I believe this should be saved in one of the program files. All this came about after moving the whole show from a desktop running Win95 to a laptop running XP. Why doesn't the MCS have a LPT listing in the drop downs, there all serial com1,com3 port ID's. I can program but it's a pain to remember to pick a port each time. Is ther something I am overlooking?

.ini file somewhere?

The programmer's are plug-ins. It would seem to me that the problem isn't in MCS, but in the programmer add-in software. I'd be checking over there, not in the MCS directory.

dhouston
- 26th March 2007, 12:23
In EPICWin, the Epic Port is set under the File menu. There's an Auto option that finds my LPT1 connected programmer.

fowardbias
- 28th March 2007, 02:21
Thanks for the info, everything is OK now, all I do is click program and it works. Don't even have to click on AUTO. Working great!