PDA

View Full Version : Please, help me?

onix
- 15th March 2007, 06:15
Hi, i'm new girl in uC world, i want to do a "digital termometer", I use a LM35 sensor, ADC0804 and PIC16F84A(i choose it, because i have the programmer only these in my country). anyone can help me, please I have to use code in PicBasicPro,and i only have code in ASM but i don't understand it, this homework is very important to me, please you can help me with any suggestions.

Thanks. I'm so sorry, but my ingles is poor, i'm from Bolivia

saludos:

Anai Pamela Alarcon

sougata
- 15th March 2007, 10:59
Hi,

What sort of help do you exactly need ? Like schematic design, Code examples in PBP or ASM. Please clarify. This forum is a nice place and you will definately find it useful. You can start writing your program in PBP to test out your circuit. If you have to use ASM only then this is the right time you should start learning it.

Best of Luck.

P.S. I looked up your other post and understood that you require PBP sample codes. Please post your schematic and your asm code already with you.

Leonardo
- 15th March 2007, 12:05
Hola Anai,

De acuerdo a tu mensaje necesitas hacer un termometro con un 16f84 y un ADC, puedes utilizar tambien un 16f877 que tiene entrada AD incluida. Que has hecho hasta ahora?.

Leonardo

Hi, i'm new girl in uC world, i want to do a "digital termometer", I use a LM35 sensor, ADC0804 and PIC16F84A(i choose it, because i have the programmer only these in my country). anyone can help me, please I have to use code in PicBasicPro,and i only have code in ASM but i don't understand it, this homework is very important to me, please you can help me with any suggestions.

Thanks. I'm so sorry, but my ingles is poor, i'm from Bolivia

saludos:

Anai Pamela Alarcon

mthogan1997
- 15th March 2007, 13:06
Take a look at:

http://www.rentron.com/PicBasic/LM34.htm

which uses the LM34, but should be close enough for the LM35.

Mike

mackrackit
- 15th March 2007, 14:05
If you have to use the ADC0804 this may help. Has a tiny basic subroutine for an example. http://www.national.com/an/AN/AN-280.pdf

The 16F877 at rentrom.com has a built in ADC. This will work if you could switch micro-chips to one with an ADC.

If you can use an ADC0831 this should help. http://www.parallax.com/dl/docs/books/edu/BAADv1.3.pdf
The code from parallax is close to PBP.

The ADC0831 is serial and the ADC0804 is parallel.
The ADC0831 is very easy to use.

onix
- 15th March 2007, 14:13
Hi folks!, thanks for the answers, I need a code sample in PBP, the scenario of my project is: PIC16F84A, ADC0804(parallel 8 bits), LM35 and HP48GX(that replace a LCD display for show a temperature, I connect via serial, no problem for this), I know that the 16F84A is very old but I only have this uC and the other components, I attach the schematic design and the ASM code (is a sample that I found in the internet), I need to "translate it" in a PBP code.
In the schematic design I replace the LCD with HP48GX and I send messages like this:
SEROUT PORTA.2, 16780, ["Temperature is :", DEC TEMP]

for sample. I have no problem with this point.

the schematic design and asm code is attached.
thanks in advance,

Anaí