PDA

View Full Version : proteus software with PBP

vacpress
- 21st February 2007, 04:14
Hey!

So I just used proteus for the first time.. find it on google! it is pretty rad..

sadly it has proton but not PBP.. However, you can still use it to test your PBP .hex, I think.. Havent tried it yet, just curious if anyone else has.

Thanks

mister_e
- 21st February 2007, 18:32
I NEVER EVER find the use and NEVER EVER trust ANY of these sim anyways. YEAH, some can't live without... but it's their OWN problem.

come on! It's virtual = virtual results. Nothing will beat the real-life and some brainstorming.

Most, see all, SIM company spam my e-mail almost daily (at least weekly). Since 1 year i tried 10-15 different sim software and NEVER EVER find something that really worth the price of and NONE of them pass the 'bullet and stupid proof' test. O.k, some will say that when you're using a SIM you're suppose to know a little bit what you do. YES i agree, but if it's not intelligent enough to spot the most stupid mistake, HOW ON EARTH i should trust them?

To me, ALL Sim are useless... period!

mister_e
- 21st February 2007, 19:40
Just to slow down some user here and there which have loaded my e-mail with their kind comments....

yes it should be possible to use PBP. But no, i never tried it... i gave up before. I guess you can use the generated ASM in MPLAB...
http://www.labcenter.co.uk/index_uk.htm

MANY THANKS to all of those sending me blast of **** in my e-mail... i love you too!

If i can't share my personals opinions here, i don't know why forums exist. In Quebec, we call it 'expression liberty'.

Thanks again whom concerned, at least you really make me laugh...

tico
- 21st February 2007, 21:32
I agree mister_e I have tried a few sims while waiting for my dev board to arrive all I did was frustrate myself, and It winds up some of my code would not run under the sim and ran under a pic with no problems.
Stay away from sims a devboard should be all that you need that is your reallife sim.

malc-c
- 22nd February 2007, 11:06
I've tried various Spice applications when designing schematics including those using PICs and found that they often reported no errors and showed the circuit working fine, but when the design was transferred to a PCB it failed to work even though the PCB checked out for continuity / shorts.

Personally I no longer wast my time using a simulator, and prefer to use a solderless breadboard to build and test the design in the real world, as often whilst things work, they may throw up other issues that the sim / spice module would not. A prime example of this was when developing a model train controller, whilst it worked there were issues with the noise from the model caused by the PWM signal (http://www.picbasic.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=5687 ) - this would never of shown up in any sim module.

The other thing is that you don't get the same sort of buzz with a sim as you do when you have the hardware working in front of you - even if its flashing an LED for the first time !

hjsong
- 25th February 2007, 20:49
Hi vacpress,

Within the last 3 weeks I purchased PBP, PDS and Proteus VSM. I am a new to PIC. And was also curious about if PBP's hex file can be used with Proteus. So I just tried a simple blink example from PBP with the "PICDEM2+ with PIC16F877" sample circuit in Proteus and it worked fine.

Hope answered your question.

Regards,