jcleaver
- 15th February 2007, 01:59
any body done any hookups on the noritake displays

and hints ideas would be appreicated

looking at the graphic model gu128x32

or might try the 4 line alphanurmeric

Archangel
- 15th February 2007, 02:39
Be careful if you buy used VFD as Noritaki makes a zillion of them to manufacturers specs, not to standards and hook up diagrams reall a P.I.A. to get. There are VFDs that follow the Hitachi LCD standards and are interchangable.

jcleaver
- 15th February 2007, 04:24
where the best place to get the 4 line display with same hookup and commands as the lcd we use with the pic

Dave
- 15th February 2007, 11:52
jcleaver, I have used in the past both the 2x40 and 4x20 noritake displays
model numbers CU40025SCPB-W6J and CU40025SCPB-W5J respectivley. Both work with all LCDOUT commands per PBP. I had no problems and they connect just like the normal parallel lcd displays.

Dave Purola,
N8NTA

srob
- 15th February 2007, 18:42
Have used hitachi standard VFD in many PIC products without problems.

I get mine from Farnell.

Archangel
- 15th February 2007, 22:25
I bought a new Futaba NA202MD12Aa from an ebay seller who has lots of them for cheap. Guess what - no data to be found - none that was real anyway, like I said, VFDs are great, just make sure of what you are buying and you will be happy. Elsewise you get some paperweights. Some of the forum users have made recommendations. I would venture to say those are safe choices. Try 'em.
For places where there is high ambiant light you can't beat them. I recant my statement of above RE: Noritaki makes . . of that I am not sure, but there are zillions of surplus vfd units out there that are non standard, and that was my point, not to badmouth noritaki.
JS