PDA

View Full Version : Picdem 2 plus w/18f452 program

merlinknight
- 13th February 2007, 17:31
Hello,
I am new to picbasic pro. i am having trouble getting the picdem 2 plus board programmed.
Does anyone have a small program that i can download to the picdemo board that is known to work on this board. It has the 18f452-17 chip.
It does not matter if it only blinks the leds i am trying to find out where my problem and if i had a know good program i can atleast eliminate program problems as the issue.

Any help would greatly be appreciated.
Thanks

Bruce
- 13th February 2007, 20:53
Show us what you have so far that doesn't work, and we'll help you sort it
out.

skimask
- 13th February 2007, 23:31
Hello,
I am new to picbasic pro. i am having trouble getting the picdem 2 plus board programmed.
Does anyone have a small program that i can download to the picdemo board that is known to work on this board. It has the 18f452-17 chip.
It does not matter if it only blinks the leds i am trying to find out where my problem and if i had a know good program i can atleast eliminate program problems as the issue.

Any help would greatly be appreciated.
Thanks

One idea that'll pretty much eliminate programmer issues...
1) Erase the chip
2) Reboot the entire system
3) Readback and verify the chip is erased
4) Reboot the entire system
5) Program the chip with anything
6) Reboot the entire system
7) Readback and verify the chip has exactly what you programmed into it

And there's a fine 'blink the led' example right near the front of your PBP manual which won't take hardly any modification to get to work with the '452 as long as you follow the directions in the manual.

Bruce
- 13th February 2007, 23:48
Wow. 2, 4 and 6 sound like installing software on Windows...;o}

skimask
- 13th February 2007, 23:51
Wow. 2, 4 and 6 sound like installing software on Windows...;o}

True, but it also rules out any chance of crazy memory leaks, stuff running in the background still holding data...that sort of thing. It's a bit overboard, but at least it covers a lot of stuff.

merlinknight
- 14th February 2007, 16:10
Thanks for all the replys.
I had sent the same request at another forum and someone came to save the day and sent me a little program. Also with suggestions to try which pin pointed the problem and resolved it.
I am up and running now and getting at it.

Thanks again for all the replys. All the help i could get was greatly appreciated and now i can try to grow my hair back.

merlinknight