PDA

View Full Version : PICBasic Pro vs. Proton Dev System

hjsong
- 5th February 2007, 16:49
Hello,

I just started learing PIC. If anyone has experiecnes in both PICBasic Pro & Proton, would you please share your experience with others in terms of functionality, learning curves (easy to use), any difficulties etc?

Thanks,
HJ

mister_e
- 5th February 2007, 18:12
There's a bunch of thread talking about that on this forum and on the Proton forum.

Have a look at them. Both have their Demo version, depending of the user, one will prefer one or the other.

chuck
- 5th February 2007, 21:50
Now I might get banned or barred from here in what I'm about to say

I must say that I have not brought PBP so cannot really comment about it but do own PDS and find it very good,
When I first started learning about PIC's I did a lot of reading up about both PBP & PDS and the only reason I chose PDS because a friend told me how easy was to use and i went for that one, But both PBP & PDS are excllent prodcuts form there read up,

But I have got to be totally honest here I use both forums (not this one so much) but I browse it every day because there is some very useful information on here and I pick up some very good ideas form here and it has help me so much, The translation between the two are quite easy to do and over the years I have got better at it

But at the end of the day each to there own I say and at the end of the day the choice can only be yours

So you can call me a trater if you want to adn it makes you happy :-))

But as I have said above this forum like the other forum is ramed packed with help and information

Regards,

Chuck

hjsong
- 6th February 2007, 04:17
mister_e & chuck,

Thank you for sharing your thoughts & experiecnes.

Regards,

hj