PDA

View Full Version : ICD Feature of Microcode Studio Pro is not working

schlaray
- 30th January 2007, 15:51
I have PicBasic Pro 2.47 and Microcode Studio Pro. I am using a Lab-X1 board with a 16F877A chip. The Melabs U2 programmer is between the computer and the Lab-X1 board. The compile and program commands work.
The ICD compile and program commands do not work. Thinking that my program was not suitable, I tried the ICD compile and load with BLINK8X.Bas and got the following error code: ICD_ERROR_MODEL_NOCHIPID. I have written to www.Mecanique.co.uk about this and have not received a reply. Can anyone help me to get my in circuit debug feature working?

mister_e
- 30th January 2007, 15:54
did you built the according hardware as well (max232 etc etc) ?
courtsey of www.rentron.com

http://rentron.com/images/004LOAD.GIF

Have a look at the Bruce's ICD tutorial.

http://rentron.com/PicBasic/MCS_X3.htm

Archangel
- 30th January 2007, 22:14
I have PicBasic Pro 2.47 and Microcode Studio Pro. I am using a Lab-X1 board with a 16F877A chip. The Melabs U2 programmer is between the computer and the Lab-X1 board. The compile and program commands work.
The ICD compile and program commands do not work. Thinking that my program was not suitable, I tried the ICD compile and load with BLINK8X.Bas and got the following error code: ICD_ERROR_MODEL_NOCHIPID. I have written to www.Mecanique.co.uk about this and have not received a reply. Can anyone help me to get my in circuit debug feature working?

The free version does not support the PIC you have selected. To use it on that chip you have to buy the not free version. Free version only supports 16f628.

schlaray
- 30th January 2007, 22:33
Thanks for your direction. As it turns out the lab- x1 board has the all the necessary components wired right on the board. All I need is a DB9 cable. As usual, I was impatient and wanted to see the ICD work before doing the required reading.

P.S. The Microcode Studio Plus does support the 16F877A.

Archangel
- 31st January 2007, 03:40
Thanks for your direction. As it turns out the lab- x1 board has the all the necessary components wired right on the board. All I need is a DB9 cable. As usual, I was impatient and wanted to see the ICD work before doing the required reading.

P.S. The Microcode Studio Plus does support the 16F877A.
Yes the PLUS does ! The STD version does not.
I did not buy the extra cost plus version, I have only the STD version supplied with ver. 2.47 PB Pro.
JS