PDA

View Full Version : CM02 and RF04 wireless modules problem

vladimir059@hot
- 14th December 2006, 10:32
Hello PIC fellow. I bought CM02 module and its companion RF04 module produced by Devantech. I was really surprised by fact that almost all robot stores offer this product but I couldn’t find a description of successful projects or any code samples. So I have to build my project from scratch. So if you familiar with this product or I2C bus please answer on following questions:
CM02 manual says: “Following the I2C_CMD you send the device address, the devices internal register address you want to write to and the number of bytes you're writing.<> All 5 bytes should be sent to the CM02 in one sequence. A gap will result in the CM02 re-starting its internal command synchronization loop and ignoring the message. After all bytes have been received the CM02 performs the IC2 write operation out to the SRF08 and sends a single byte back to the PC. “
Does this mean that all commands should be incorporated in one line?
How is that might look like?
i2cwrite dpin,cpin,$55 [datavalue] such code line will put variable “datavalue” on i2c bus for PC reading or not?
Maybe someone have wireless experience with similar devices and he will point me on a source of information. Any help or advice are welcome.
Vladimir.

CM02 manual http://www.robot-electronics.co.uk/htm/cm02tech.htm