PDA

View Full Version : @ Define

Dwayne
- 24th June 2004, 20:00
Hello folks,

Lets start with what I have.. ok?

I have the 99 dollar melab programmer with melab software. (It says melabs programmer on the window line).

I am using the Cdlite IDE for my editor, and using PBP V 2.43? for basic compiler.

Now with that said, i have tried numberous times to use the @ DEFINE in my *.bas program, and it does not work.

I have my melabs programmer defaulted under "Options" as

Update Configuration Checked

What else must I do to make the melabs programmer automatcially change to the correct chip and defaults?

I have shorten the @DEFINE down to something small..and tried the following:

@ DEFINE M12F675,XT_OSC
@ DEFINE 12F675,XT_OSC
@DEFINE M12F675,XT_OSC
@DEFINE 12F675,XT_OSC
DEFINE 12F675,XT_OSC

and FINALLY got the following to compile without ERROR:

DEFINE M12F675,XT_OSC

(notice there is no @ sign).

I finally got it to compile, but the melabs does not switch to XT_OSC

I figured I am missing something... I dont know what yet...

I would appreciate any help!

Dwayne

Melanie
- 24th June 2004, 20:08
To save repeating myself, see the detailed reply I just posted on thread "PIC12F629 w/ Internal Oscillator"... There's got to be an FAQ added to this board sometime...

@ DEVICE XT_OSC

or

@ DEVICE pic12F675, XT_OSC

Defines without @ don't work (other than PBP defines listed in the manual) - compiler just ignores erroneous ones without flagging any error (that includes ones from the PBP manual that you've done a typo on... so make sure you spell them right!).

Dwayne
- 25th June 2004, 16:01
Hello Melanie,,

Melanie>>
@ DEVICE XT_OSC

or

@ DEVICE pic12F675, XT_OSC
<<

Thanks!.... You solved the problem, but may not have realized how<g>.

In Borland Language (My main programming language for our company... we use "DEFINE"...and it is also all capitalized. I was consistantly reading "DEVICE" as "DEFINE" <chuckle>... So I switched all my "DEFINE" to "DEVICE" and presto!

Dwayne(glazed eyes...)