PDA

View Full Version : Unable to execute mpasmwin

oldmainframer
- 2nd November 2006, 23:06
Please forgive what I'm sure is a noob question.

I just bought PB Pro, USB programmer, and installed it all from the CDs using the defaults. Read the MPLAB IDE v7.40 help, created project, made a .bas file, set the device, compiled and then get the following. I gather it compiled OK, as it built the .asm file, but it can't execute mpasmwin, the assembler?

I verified the path that's set in the IDE points to mpasmwin.exe. There is a similar thread in this forum that I followed, but things seem to check out correctly. Other ideas?

Executing: "C:\PBP\PBPW.EXE" -ampasmwin -oq -z -v -p12C672 "12c671.bas"
PICBASIC PRO(TM) Compiler 2.47, (c) 1998, 2006 microEngineering Labs, Inc.
All Rights Reserved.
Pass 1:
Pass 2:
Code Gen:
Macro Pass:
mpasmwin /q C:\IBM_PICS_09032006\PCB_Boards_08262001\BTL_MB_4\ Halloween2005\12c671.ASM

ERROR: Unable to execute mpasmwin.Skipping link step. Not all sources built successfully.
BUILD FAILED: Thu Nov 02 16:18:04 2006

Melanie
- 3rd November 2006, 09:39
This may help... or not... as the case may be....

http://www.picbasic.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=536

mikem
- 9th November 2006, 20:06
Just go to the directory where mpasmwin.exe is located and rename it as mpasm.exe and it should work now. I just had the same problem an hour ago when I loaded picbasic pro and code studio, which I may say rocks.

I tried all of the other brand X compilers and non would do anything like picbasic pro does.

Mike

Tcrook
- 17th December 2016, 23:01
Been using PBP 2.50 on W XP for a long time. Just getting started again with PBP3 on W 10 and I am unable to fix this darn 'unable to execute mpasmwin' problem. Think I've tried all the suggestions here including the PATH variable in Windows but no joy. Anyone successful with this configuration? Still using MPLAB 8.15.

I tried MPASMX but after severe hair loss I gave up on that.

Any thoughts?

Thanks