pramarn
- 4th October 2006, 05:03
I'm new for use EEPROM
- please guide schematic of external EEPROM connect to PIC

and I not understan concept write data in EEPROM

My project is show picture on GLCD
My project codeing + picture data big than 32Kb

I need to store picture data to Eeprom to recede my program size
My idea when i codeing program and burn to PIC picture data write in flash memory not write in EPPROM

If i use EEProm writing command write picture data from program code to EEPROM my program size is same before write picture data.

- Please tell me way for recede my program size.
or
-how to write picture data to EEPROM by not use EEProm writing command in my program ??

sayzer
- 4th October 2006, 09:42
If i use EEProm writing command write picture data from program code to EEPROM my program size is same before write picture data.....

EEPROM content is not included in the code size.

In other words, if your picture data will never change, you can write this data to the EEPROM and the data will not be included in your code size.

pramarn
- 4th October 2006, 12:32
Thank you Mr sayzer

How to write data to EEPROM it need Hard ware to write data same MCU?

Thank you very much

sayzer
- 4th October 2006, 13:04
Check DATA and EEPROM commands. You will see lots of examples.

"The data is stored in the EEPROM space only once at the time the microcontroller is programmed, not each time the program is run"

Thus, DATA content is not included in your code size.

SteveB
- 4th October 2006, 15:33
I'm new for use EEPROM
- please guide schematic of external EEPROM connect to PIC

and I not understan concept write data in EEPROM

First, you need to determine if it is I2C or SPI interface. If it is I2C (most likely), read the manual on I2CREAD and I2CWRITE. It has a very nice schematic and details exactly what you need to do to get it hooked up. Then you will need to setup some method of downloading the data to the EEPROM from you computer (likely through the PIC itself).

I need to store picture data to Eeprom to recede my program size
My idea when i codeing program and burn to PIC picture data write in flash memory not write in EPPROM

If i use EEProm writing command write picture data from program code to EEPROM my program size is same before write picture data.

If your LCD data will fit into the remaining program flash memory, this is a good option. In this case, read the manual on READCODE, WRITECODE. Also read Darrel Taylor's example of How to store and retrieve strings in Code Space (http://www.pbpgroup.com/modules/wfsection/article.php?articleid=10)

Hope this help get you started in the right direction,
Steve

BigWumpus
- 4th October 2006, 22:42
I think we mix up some things....

He want to use an external EEPROM ?
Otherwise, PBP can produce the code for the internal eeproms.

He had to make the data for an external EEPROM by his own....

pramarn
- 5th October 2006, 01:02
Thank You All

Yes I need to use External EEPROM and hot to make data to External EEPROM?

Thnk you very much

sayzer
- 5th October 2006, 03:24
....Otherwise, PBP can produce the code for the internal eeproms.

If you fill up the internal EEPROM with full of data only during the programming of PIC, happens once, how and why would it produce code for that data?

You can check this by experimenting.

It is not a running code. Just constant data burned into EEPROM.