PDA

View Full Version : 12F675 Datasheet

geckogrotto
- 1st October 2006, 23:48
I'm still trying to figure out how to read everything on the datasheets.
I was looking for the memory address on a 12F675 to write to. I searched the forum and found that its $C0 and it works... This helps me solve the current problem but where on the datasheet is that found so I can find it myself next time?

Thanks,
Daniel

Darrel Taylor
- 2nd October 2006, 00:30
Hi Daniel,

What is it you're trying to write to?

Address $C0 is smack dab in the middle of Bank1 GPR's, which really points to $40 in Bank0.

There's no reason to be writing anything directly to that address.

I could understand if you were using that address to move the curson of an LCD display. But that's independant of the chip you're using.
<br>

geckogrotto
- 2nd October 2006, 00:47
Oh ok well that address I actually found on another thread tried it and it worked. Where does it start and where in the datasheet does it state it?

Thanks,
Daniel

Darrel Taylor
- 2nd October 2006, 01:01
Look in section 2 (MEMORY ORGANIZATION)

Figure 2-2 shows the whole layout of GPR's and SFR's.
<br>

geckogrotto
- 2nd October 2006, 01:21
I have seen this figure and looked over it many times the problem is I don't really understand it. Maybe you could point me in the right direction for a better breakdown of what all that means?

Darrel Taylor
- 2nd October 2006, 02:09
Well, other than a complete description of how microcontrollers work, I don't know what I could say that would help you out.

Each location shown in that table has a corresponding section in the datasheet. I guess you'll just need to spend some time reading it.

If you were to answer the question ...
What is it you're trying to write to?I could go from there. But an all encompassing explanation is beyond the scope of this forum.

geckogrotto
- 2nd October 2006, 02:25
What is it you're trying to write to?
Maybe this will be a direct enough question to explain what im looking for.
I want to write a byte to the chip to basically save a setting when the chip has no power. Looking at 2.2 What part of that memory is what im looking for.

Since you pointed me to the table and said the info is there somewhere, I will try looking up everything on that table I don't know what it is and try and figure out what memory im looking for. I know that $C0 is in the range im looking for pickit calles it EEdata memory.

Thanks,
Daniel

SteveB
- 2nd October 2006, 02:35
Daniel,

I want to write a byte to the chip to basically save a setting when the chip has no power. Looking at 2.2 What part of that memory is what im looking for.

This will really help Darrel out as he helps you! ;)

But, in the mean time, take a look at section 8.0 "Data EEPROM Memory". This is the memory that will retain it's data, regardless of power.

Also, look at the PBP commands that access the EEPROM (EEPROM, DATA, WRITE and READ)

Steve

geckogrotto
- 2nd October 2006, 02:50
Daniel,

This will really help Darrel out as he helps you! ;)

But, in the mean time, take a look at section 8.0 "Data EEPROM Memory". This is the memory that will retain it's data, regardless of power.

Also, look at the PBP commands that access the EEPROM (EEPROM, DATA, WRITE and READ)

Steve

Steve this is the point in the right direction I was looking for :)
I should have been more clear the first time, I just thought that someone would know where $C0 was and know what I was trying to do

Thank you for the help.

Daniel