PDA

View Full Version : Programming 16F767 Issue

DanPBP
- 25th September 2006, 03:54
Hi Guys,

I'm having a strange problem with EpicWin/MeProg and my parallel port programmer.

First, I tried to program a 16F876 to check that everything was fine, and the blinking code for this pic worked ok. Did the same with a 16F84 and worked too. So, the everything seems to be ok so far.

Then, I modified the blinking code for the 16F767 and tried to program it but I got the 0000 error, or the 000E error. I read everything on this forum but nothing helped.

When I was trying a few more things this problem appeared. Steps:

1) erased the pic
2) read the code inside the pic (all 3FFF, blank)
3) programmed the pic with this code (all 3FFF, blank)
4) everything went fine.

But, if I try to program my blinking code I get that strange error.

Is the pic bad? Why can I program all 3FFF but not my blinking code? :(

Thank you very much.

Regards,
Daniel.

sayzer
- 25th September 2006, 07:21
I am not sure if you have this option in your programmer but,
you may try to read the OSC value from the PIC, then insert it into the HEX file.

I had similar issues in which the programmer warned me that the OSC value in HEX file is different then the PIC has.
There is an option that I can read it from the PIC and insert it into the HEX file.

This is of course a possibility in your case.

-----------------------

mister_e
- 25th September 2006, 16:51
Uneless you're using
DEFINE OSCCAL_?K 1 it's not the problem source.

Have a look at
http://www.picbasic.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=1915&highlight=EPIC+error

HTH

DanPBP
- 11th October 2006, 02:50
Well, my parallel programmer was the problem. I upgraded it to PicStart Plus and now I can program the PIC. Funny.

blackrosz
- 11th October 2006, 05:22
can i use pic to control pneumatic device

mister_e
- 11th October 2006, 05:29
Well, my parallel programmer was the problem. I upgraded it to PicStart Plus and now I can program the PIC. Funny.
Just to satisfy my curiosity... Wich one are you using? Any link or schematic?

But PICSTART is still good on many devices.

can i use pic to control pneumatic device

Even if it's out topic for this thread... yeas you can drive everything from the resistor, the LED, the ignition coil, the pnematic to house door-bell with the right hardware between the PIC and the external world.

A PIC is not racist, have no heart, no fear, no emotion... it's just a stupid black-pinned box waiting for a job.