PDA

View Full Version : power adapter for k149d?

greenagain
- 11th September 2006, 04:31
Hey all,

I've got some pics and a k149d programmer kit from kitsrus, and I'm trying to start experimenting with it. I'm hung up on a bit of a noob rock, however: I don't know what power adapter I should use with this thing. A 16vdc power adapter is required for the programmer, so I ordered this one:

http://www.hvwtech.com/products_view.asp?ProductID=435

Well, apparently, (sigh) I got the wrong one because it won't plug into the programmer. Could somebody help a noob out here by suggesting a power adapter that will work with this programmer?

much thanks

mister_e
- 11th September 2006, 04:49
if it's just the plug that cause the problem... you could
1. change the plug of the transformer
OR
2. change the plug of your programmer
OR
3.Solder directly the transformer wires to the programmer PCB

in all cases be carefull to not revert the + and - ;)

greenagain
- 12th September 2006, 00:42
Thanks for the response :)

Yes, that's right. The plug does seem to be the problem. The thing is: I don't know what plug I should use. It wants 16vdc, so I got that. When it didn't fit, I said, well that's fine, I'll just find one that does fit. Looking at the stores online, 2.1mm for the center pin and 5.5mm for the outer cylinder seems to be the standard for 16vdc power adapters. So I just don't know what size I'm supposed to be looking for.

Incidentally, I'm not really sure if it's too small or too big! It looks like it should fit, but it just doesn't!

Thanks again!