PDA

View Full Version : Recording WAV files to EEPROM

Agent36
- 8th August 2006, 20:01
Hi All,
I am quite new to PIC programming and so far I have managed to solve all my pic problems by searching this site, thanks to those that have helped me!!!

I wondering if there is a simple way of recording WAV files to EEPROM? Then play it back via a D to A?
I would like to record one 5 second file then access it as and when required. Once I can do this I will build on it to access multiple WAV files.

I have managed to use the chipcorder series to do this, but find the recording and addressing of each sound file a bit slow.

I am planning to build 20+ of these so can see it being a bit time consuming, any help to get me going would be great!!!!
Thanks for your time
Nick
P.S
I got the idea of using EEPROM from the October 05 edition of Everday practical Electronics!!

Luciano
- 8th August 2006, 20:41
Hi,

Theory of operation.

AVR335: Digital Sound Recorder with AVR and DataFlash
http://www.atmel.com/dyn/resources/prod_documents/doc1456.pdf

Best regards,

Luciano

Agent36
- 9th August 2006, 16:08
HI Luciano,

Thanks for the link to that data sheet, its a bit complicated for me at the moment. I would like to stick with pbp for the moment.

Have been searching this site again and ISD4002 looks like a good bet.
Before I was using the ISD1200 series which was easy to set up but a pain for me to load the audio too, and then address each sample.

Going to study the ISD4002 data sheet and see if I can get better results this time, If any one has any tips for these chips please let me know.

Kind regards
Nick

mister_e
- 9th August 2006, 22:11
do a search for ISD4002 in this forum... there's some example here and there

Agent36
- 10th August 2006, 11:01
Hi mister e

Have done a few searches on here for isd4002, found some good links, I have down loaded and printed the data sheet and a example program from melabs for their lab-xt board.

http://www.melabs.com/resources/samples.htm#xtpbp

Goto the voicext.bas full code given, I am going through it so I understand how it works, I will then attempt to modify it for the pic16f628.

Its going to be a bit slow, I am refering to the data sheet, pbp manual and
sample prog! Will let you know how I get on, next i'll need to get hold of a isd4002 chip.

Kind regards
Nick