PDA

View Full Version : PBP2.47/Microcode Studio/Windows XP

Dave
- 7th August 2006, 22:04
OK, I'm feeling pretty Dumb right now but I can't seen to get programs to compile on a new system with fresh install of Windows XP Professional, PBP2.47 and MicroCode Studio 2.3.0.0. All I get are errors indicating "Out of Memory in the Results box of Microcode Studio. I am able to compile very small programs of a few lines but nothing of any size. Per Charles Leo's request I have turned on the compatability mode for all 3 programs involved (MicroCode studio, PBP2.47, and Mpasmwin) to no avail. I am able to run the command line PBPW with the appropriate extentions and it works with out a hitch. Charles seems to think it is a computer resource issue. The processor now has 1G of ram and the only programs running are Microcode Studio. All of my programs compiled flawlessly on this machine running Windows 98 before I loaded the new software. Any ideas? I hate to go back to 98 if I don't have to....

Dave Purola,
N8NTA

Charles Linquis
- 8th August 2006, 04:04
The problem is not with XP, since I'll bet that is what 99% of the people on this forum are using.
I, myself, am running XP, MCStudio and PBP 2.47

Steve_88
- 8th August 2006, 14:48
I was able to get PBP2.46A running in WinXP only if I installed PBP in the shared documents folder.

Corona
- 8th August 2006, 19:33
73 Dave de N9KFC :D

Go into the PBP folder and right-click the PBPW.EXE file, select Properties, Compatibility, and try setting it to Win95 or Win98 compatibility mode.

Do you run it from a command line, or via the Microcode IDE?

I have had problems on SOME machines (not sure why!) and not on others, and been able to fix it this way at least once. I'm currently running 2.46 on a XP pro installation (new laptop) and did NOT have to do this, but on my previous machine, I did. Both systems are using the Microcode Studio 2.1.0.8 release, bundled with 2.46.

Go figure. And I don't have 2.47 yet to try it...

I think I saw another thread about this also...

Dave
- 8th August 2006, 19:39
Thanks to all for the reply's. After a fresh install of XP everything seems to work. WoW, 90 minutes for an installation. I hope I don't have to go thru that again....
Dave Purola,
N8NTA

malc-c
- 9th August 2006, 11:04
Thanks to all for the reply's. After a fresh install of XP everything seems to work. WoW, 90 minutes for an installation. I hope I don't have to go thru that again....
Dave Purola,
N8NTA

Get yourself a copy of Norton Ghost - make an image of the base installation (XP, drivers for printers etc, and main applications you want) and then burn the image to a CD / DVD. Then next time you need to re-build the system it takes less then quarter of an hour and you are back up and running.

BigWumpus
- 17th August 2006, 18:06
Ähm,

I read about a new version,
I find a error in the pbp-compiler,
I had to buy a new version 2.47 (from 2.46) for 30€,
I have to fix the pbp-error on my own,
...where is the manual for the new options/functions in PBP 2.47 ?
I don't get it with my update,
I don't find it on the melabs-website (the html-manual is outdated!)
I don't find it here in the support-forum in "documentations"
...where is it gone ?

Dave
- 17th August 2006, 19:41
BigWumpus, I purchased a new copy as well as the new microcode studio ide from micromart. I got a new manual. As I remember I have always gotten a new manual when I purchased my upgrades from micromart. I would talk to whomever you purchased your upgrade from, as they should have shipped a new manual with the software.

Dave Purola,
N8NTA

Melanie
- 17th August 2006, 20:17
We get our updates from Crownhill.

They had a policy (I don't know if it still stands), that as long as you bought something from them at the same time, the update was free, otherwise it was about 10.00 (Pounds Sterling). You had to send your old original disk into them, and your update was then written onto that disk and returned to you. Naturally, you had to have purchased the product from them in the first place - so all you folks out there with pirate copies, you're out of luck.

You didn't get a manual, but it was available if requested for a nominal fee.

BigWumpus
- 17th August 2006, 21:35
OK,
I live in germany, not in the UK.
I buy PBP and this update from the german distributor.

It's legal !

Think about the high shipping-cost for paperwork instead of mailing updates (for free?) to happy customers.... crossing borders is still very expensive !