PDA

View Full Version : Reachtech Color LCD Panel

Docw
- 7th August 2006, 19:23
Has anyone used a PIC (progrmmed with either PICBasic,PICbasic Pro or CCS C Compiler) to control a Reachtech (Reachtech.com) Color LCD panel ? I want to use this panel for the display in a data acquisition unit.

mister_e
- 8th August 2006, 03:32
I did for one of customer in PICBAsic PRO. 2.5k$

Docw
- 8th August 2006, 15:41
I'm developing my application more as a hobby to see if I can use the panel for a fishfinder display or weather display. Were there any real problems encountered in using PicBasic Pro, especially with respect to sending strings ?
I had tried to use a Basic Stamp but couldn't send anything within quotation marks. I got the panel to work fine with a Rabbit microcontroller using Dynamic C but I'd rather use a PIC and PicBasic rather than C. Any help would be appreciated.

mister_e
- 8th August 2006, 15:50
could be done with everything... even in assembler. You just need a few development hours.

Do you really need such a display? a simple 4X20 character display would be enough for a single shot design. well if you want to use the KISS engineering ;)

Docw
- 8th August 2006, 20:40
I'll follow your suggestion re using a 4/20 display initially to get everything working. The color panel was a present to myself to play around with and I'll try to move over to it when I know the general application is working. Thanks for the responses.