PDA

View Full Version : Prop clock???

shahidali55
- 7th July 2006, 15:30
Has anyone tried making a propellor clock (persistance of vision clock) or something similar using PBP???
---Whats a propellor clock?
--- check this out http://www.bobblick.com/techref/projects/propclock/propclock.html
http://www3.sympatico.ca/surfin.dude/creative/clocks/propclk/blick.html

ardhuru
- 8th July 2006, 07:22
Yup, designed my own clock, s/w done completely in PBP. Mine is quite a bit different from Bob's in that I use a RTC chip besides the PIC (16F628A), IR for control and a brushless DC motor.What specific information are you looking for?

Regards,

Anand

shahidali55
- 8th July 2006, 17:08
Could you post me your code and schematic please???
I wrote a code in ASM but couldn't add remote cause it got a bit too complex for me...

shahidali55
- 9th July 2006, 16:27
Hi ardhuru,
I just wanted to look at your code so that i could learn how to keep the time printing process un-interrupted while reading the real time clock IC...
I wanted help on the rotating transformer also...

ardhuru
- 9th July 2006, 17:17
Hi ShahidAli,

* *I just wanted to look at your code so that i could learn how to keep the time printing process un-interrupted while reading the real time clock IC...* *

My clock does not have an analog mode, so the coding is easier. It has 2 frames; the top half for calendar and the bottom half for time. The first frame (time) starts displaying immediately after the index pulse. After the last digit of this frame (unit seconds) is displayed, you have enough time to read the RTC, before you need to start displaying the calendar.

The rotating transformer turned out to be easier to build than I thought; I used 100 turns for the primary (fixed), and 125 turns for the secondary (roatating) coil. The primary, 12 volts pulsed at 32 khz, around 55% duty cycle worked well for me.

Regards,

Anand

shahidali55
- 10th July 2006, 13:35
Hello again ardhuru,
Could you help me with the transformer drive circuit???

ardhuru
- 10th July 2006, 15:15
Here you go...

Regards,

Anand