PDA

View Full Version : Shift Registers For LCD Display

jetpr
- 27th June 2006, 02:44
Hello All ..

Connect Pic with LCD and send data to LCD Using Shift Register.

I need some Help for Shift Register with picbasic pro..

if some one done this or Idea for it..

mister_e
- 27th June 2006, 02:50
is there a special reason for using the shift register? may it be changed for another PIC? if so things will be much simple, a single serial line and not much.
No need to care about the LCD timing and all the plah plah around. SERIN, LCDOUT is all you need.

That's my own opinion but i remind to saw that LCD/shift register combination here once or two.. i can't remind where now but if you do a search, you'll find it

Acetronics2
- 27th June 2006, 12:49
Hi, Steve

The discussion was around serial LCD, and also I2C drive via a PCF8574 ...

Also, I've already used a bunch of CD 4094 ... but it was to drive 5 LED Displays from a serial output.

You're right ... nothing to rebuilt the world !!! as serial LCDs are easy to find.

In the wonderful ideas, let's point out the EDE 300, 700 and 701 ...

Alain

Archilochus
- 27th June 2006, 15:09
Hi jetpr,
Here's a link with some info:

http://www.rentron.com/Myke1.htm

Arch

mister_e
- 27th June 2006, 15:13
in case the costing is a must, i'll agree with the I/O expander or shift register stuff, uneless... i'll stick to the cheapest pic i can find with a built in OSC... OR not. The Myke Predko link should be a nice start point so far.

Melanie
- 27th June 2006, 15:21
I had posted this a long time ago, but can't remember where...

Lot simpler just to get a PIC with enough pins to drive your LCD, as SHIFTOUT does not have all the nice data formatting features of LCDOut or SEROut...

shahidali55
- 7th July 2006, 15:03
Just wondering if a simple conversion from normal LCD to serial LCD would help you...
Check out the attachment and tell me if it helps...
Use an f84 or some rewritable pic just in case...