PDA

View Full Version : Micro Code Studio Plus manual

marad73
- 23rd June 2006, 23:46
Hi, Does anyone know where I can find a good manual for MCSP that I can download or otherwise get a copy of? I have some issues with the use of this program that are not answered anywhere I can find.
Thanks
Ron

Bruce
- 23rd June 2006, 23:53
Hi Ron,

MicroCode Studio Plus does not include a printed manual. It's all contained in
the help file.

If you have issues that aren't covered in this help file, I'm sure if you contact
Mecanique (address listed under Contact Information in the help file) they will
answer whatever questions you have.

mister_e
- 24th June 2006, 08:54
i'm just curious to know what is the problem that you get. MCSP work so fine for me daily.

marad73
- 25th June 2006, 14:23
Hi Steve,
I have one line in new code that, when I compile it, it comes back with only one fault line (one error). I was successful in debugging the others.
This line starts out with Error (108).........................illegal character (&)
I can find NO referance anywhere how to interpret these lines. For that matter, there is no "&" character anywhere in the code!
Also, what does the statement that begins with a less-than symbol, then AN followed by 2 numbers seperated by a colon, followed by a greater than symbol mean?? I can't find any referance to that either! That's why I said I would love a printed manual! I'm still quite new to PBP and MCSP also, for that matter!
Thanks,
Ron

Bruce
- 25th June 2006, 16:04
108 Illegal character
An illegal character in a label. Valid characters for labels are alphabetic (a..f,
A..F), numeric (0-9), the underscore (_), and the question mark (?). Labels
may not begin with a numeric.

This is from the MPASM assembler help file under section "Errors, Warnings,
Messages, and Limitations". It doesn't have anything to do with MCS editor.

It's a message passed to the editor from the assembler.

With MCS running, click View, Compile and Program Options, and select the
Compiler tab. Un-check "Case sensitive", and see if it compiles without the
error.

what does the statement that begins with a less-than symbol, then AN followed by 2 numbers seperated by a colon, followed by a greater than symbol mean??
Post an example of this one. It may be what's causing the error.

marad73
- 25th June 2006, 16:39
Hi Bruce, Thanks and here it is: <an2:1>
It is included in a comment, preceded by a (') so I know it doesn't impact the code. However, I just want to know what it is telling me!! Again, no referance for it found anywhere. Also, is there a list of error codes anywhere in MCSP, PBP or MPLAB that will let me know what error codes come up when they do?
Ron

marad73
- 25th June 2006, 16:44
Hi Bruce, Thanks and here it is: an2:1
It is included in a comment, preceded by a (') so I know it doesn't impact the code. However, I just want to know what it is telling me!! Again, no referance for it found anywhere. Also, is there a list of error codes anywhere in MCSP, PBP or MPLAB that will let me know what error codes come up when they do?
Ron
PS Sorry about the missing stuff. The statement is proceded by a "less than" symbol and ended by a "more than" symbol. (I guess I can't use these in the forum. It won't take them!)

Bruce
- 25th June 2006, 20:25
If it's a comment in assembler then it has to be preceeded by ;.

MCS is just an editor. Depending on which assembler you're using, PM or
MPASMWIN, all error codes will be found in that assemblers help file.

For PM look in PM.TXT. For MPASMWIN look in the MPASM help file. The only
errors (that I know of) MCS will pass back are errors generated by the
assembler you're using.