PDA

View Full Version : Brushless DC Motors

Patrick
- 12th June 2006, 07:55
Is there anyone that have experimented with the above and is there a easy way to control these with PBP I know that PWM on some Pic is available but there is dedicated IC for the above like the st7mc1 which also does the control by measiring the non switch coil for position sensing.This can also be done with a resolver or Hall swithing.
Anyone some idee.

Patrick

sayzer
- 12th June 2006, 13:52
here it is.

http://www.picbasic.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=3299

------------------------

paulvits
- 13th June 2006, 06:47
Hello Patrick,

Very easy to use are the MC33033 or MC33035.

I used them succesfully in a couple of designs. For the FET's I Used the FDS8958 (Farnell), N- and P- FET in one housing.

For the input use the Hpwm combined with a resistor and a capacitor. (Speed control)

For the feedback just use the signals from the hall sensors who are availble on the MC330XX chip.
Greetings
Paul

ChrisMicro
- 3rd November 2007, 07:58
A Brushless DC Motor is a 3 phase AC motor with an inverter to convert the DC to 3 phase AC so you have to generate a 3 phase signal with the PIC, you can use a R2R resistor pack to generate a sine wave and 3 transistors to do the phase shift switching of your generated sine wave

Acetronics2
- 3rd November 2007, 09:15
Anyone some idee.

Patrick

Hi, Patrick

just have a look to relevant Microchip AN's ... not PbP written, but interesting !

Alain

BigWumpus
- 3rd November 2007, 20:29
I've written such a controller in PBP, but the timecritical parts are in assembler (hall-sensors).

The main questions are:

What is the power of the motor ? Current and Voltage ?
Are there hallsensors for the feedback ?
How many rotations are required ?