PDA

View Full Version : Trouble Installing PBP in XP

Blind Al
- 27th May 2006, 08:22
I've been using PBP 2.45 with Windows 2000 for a few years. I just upgraded to XP. With 2000 I just installed the disk, clicked on install and then I can't remember anymore. When I do it now it creates a folder in my C drive (My operating system is in F drive) but the folder is empty.

I copied PBP to cd years ago so I copied PBP 245 into the PBP folder in C Drive. I opened it and it loaded all the files but they are not in the subfolders like Inc, examples etc. I'm not familiar with command prompts so the read me file isn't to informative.

This old timer would really appreciate anyone who could guide me through this problem. I've always been able to solve my programming problem with the help of this forum, data sheets and perseverance. Computer systems guy I'm not.
I use MPLAB for all my programming with PIC Start Plus programmer.
Thanks to all
Blind Al (No I'm not blind)

Acetronics2
- 28th May 2006, 13:26
Hi, Al

Would THIS Help ???

http://www.melabs.com/support/mplab.htm

Alain

Blind Al
- 28th May 2006, 20:23
Thamk you for replying Acetronics. i think my floppy was currupted or something. There was no PBP245 on the floppy anymore. I copied it onto the floppy from a cd and it loaded everything fine. Now to MPLAB.
Thanks again Acetronics. Greatly appreciated

Acetronics2
- 29th May 2006, 12:25
I had such pain with my PbP Diskette : having to send the very first one to Crownhill to register ...

It started "readable" from here ... but, when returned, the 2.46 release was partially corrupted !!!
Crownhill gently sent me an installation CD ... nice from them.

Throw old diskettes to the Trashbox ... as now DVD and CDRW's engravers are really at funny prices ( I recently bought from retailer a Pioneer DVR 110 for less than 40 Euros ... ).

Alain