PDA

View Full Version : Microcode studio can't find MPASM

DynamoBen
- 11th May 2006, 19:46
I'm trying to get MPASM working so I can utilize "Instant Interrupts."

I installed MPLAB, checked "Use MPASM" in Microcode Studio. When I compile it searches for, and then can't find the assembler.

Where am I going wrong here?

BTW: I did make the path change in Environment Variables.

Bruce
- 11th May 2006, 19:54
Have you tried the Find Manually button?

DynamoBen
- 11th May 2006, 20:25
I did, I get the same results. It searches for the folder and can't find it. Very odd.

Bruce
- 11th May 2006, 20:46
Click View, Compile and Program Options. Select the Assembler tab, then check Use MPASM.

Now click the Find Manually button and select the directory you have MPLAB installed in.

If you have it installed you should be able to locate it in the directory tree that pops up.

OR. Are you saying that even after telling MCS where MPASM is located, it still returns the error?

DynamoBen
- 11th May 2006, 20:50
That is the process I'm following. Everytime I try to compile it does a folder search and can't find the assembler.

I've gone as far is just installing MPASM based on the MELABS instruction set and get the same thing.

I know both are installed and working...not sure why microcode studio is doing this.

Bruce
- 11th May 2006, 21:01
That is an odd one.

Have you verified where MPASMWIN.EXE is installed with Windows explorer, then checked this against the directory shown above the Find buttons on the assembler tab?

Also try disabling Case Sensitivity. Do this on the MPASM assembler window check box & within MCS.

David Barker
- 11th May 2006, 21:06
Select VIEW...COMPILE AND PROGRAM OPTIONS, then the asembler tab. Manually point it to MPASMWIN.EXE. If you are still having problems, you need to manually edit the registry and delete

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\MecaniqueUK\MicroCodeSt udioPlus\Assembler

OR

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\MecaniqueUK\MicroCodeSt udio\Assembler

if you are using the free version. After that, all should work well from within MCS

DynamoBen
- 11th May 2006, 21:49
I switched to CDLite and it "seems" to work. I get the popup window for MPASM, however it says I have errors.

I have given up on Mircocode Studio since I have the free version and I'm using a 16F88 for this project.

Nestyplus
- 12th May 2006, 11:32
Hi Guys,

I just thought that this is the right segment to place my question. Although I did sent mail to mecanique but never got any reply.

I'm using MCSP ver 2.3.0.0 which I got from melabs,
My question is, is this still the latest version?

Thanks in advance,
Nesty

David Barker
- 12th May 2006, 11:38
You can always check if you have the latest version by selecting VIEW...ONLINE UPDATES.

Nestyplus
- 19th May 2006, 02:35
You can always check if you have the latest version by selecting VIEW...ONLINE UPDATES.

Hi David,

I click on the View and choose online updates. It just show connecting on the lower right side bar for sometime and just disappears.

Does that mean that it completed the update process? Or any pop out box coming off to give user a hint?

Thanks,
Nesty

mister_e
- 19th May 2006, 02:42
Usually when there's some update available, there's a box who appear.

I'm using MCSP and the version is actually 2.2.1.1. But by reading the post of our friend Nestyplus

I'm using MCSP ver 2.3.0.0 which I got from melabs,
My question is, is this still the latest version?

raise the same question... what is the latest version of MCSP?
David?

Acetronics2
- 19th May 2006, 09:47
Hi, Steve

If you download the V 2.30 ... and install it, you'll get the 2.2.1.1 version ...

too bad.

"Les abrutis du marketing ont encore frappé" ...

Alain

mister_e
- 19th May 2006, 13:48
O.K no problem. BTW, what else we need in MCSP? Nothing else i guess. Even the bootloader files, once asked to David, are sent to your e-mail really fast so.

Thanks Alain for double checking!

b1arrk5
- 19th May 2006, 21:36
I have the same problem with my Melabs USB programmer, MicroCode Studio searches but won't find it, even when I set it up manually. But it finds the assembler ok.

DynamoBen
- 26th September 2006, 00:47
I ended up moving back to microcode studio. The problem was the software was looking for mpasm.exe. However it should have been looking for mpasmwin.exe. I changed the registry and everything is functioning normally.