PDA

View Full Version : problems when using mplab

parker
- 8th May 2006, 17:03
Out of the ether, my mplab seems to have developed a probem.
the format of the file *.cod cannot be read or written its extension is not recognised

where * is my file path C:\....

Contacted melabs and they just said buy new compiler !
my current verison of mplab is 7.0
picpro is 2.43

It has been working fine now I do not seem to be able to generate the code in memory although the asm file seems fine.

mister_e
- 8th May 2006, 21:32
Why are you using MPLAB? If it's just to write your code then compile, you may try MicroCode Studio. There's a free version available on the following link
http://www.rentron.com/mcstudio/mcs2300.zip

I hope this will work... Of course an update will be a smart choice. I'm just surprised about the MELABS's answer :(

You can still use the usual, remove everything, and reinstall everything + the MPLAB plug-in

ErnieM
- 8th May 2006, 22:22
I seem to remember MPLAB having huge problems with long file names up until very recently. Go grab the very latest free copy from Microchip.

I have made MPLAB compile with PBP sucessfully, and usually use the .cod file in my work too. Sorry, been a while since I set it up so I don't remember the secisics, just that it does indeed work.

Be advised, MCS may be a better authoring environment, as it highlights and jumps to problem lines (well.... sometimes, but that's another issue).