PDA

View Full Version : Sensorless BLDC Motor Controller

GeoJoe
- 13th February 2006, 03:50
Has anyone built a sensorless BLDC motor controller using PBP? I'm just starting a new BLDC motor project. Any sugestions as to which pic to use or what limits you might have found would help me a lot. I'm going to attempt 20k RPM. If I can get the thing to run at this speed then I would like to add a variable speed control.
Well if you have any suggestions or direction I would greatly appreciate it.
I'll keep this thread updated with my progress.
Thanks,
Joe

sayzer
- 13th February 2006, 08:57
Hi GeoJoe,

GoTo http://www.microchip.com/ and type "BLDC MOTOR" into search box.

You will have plenty of codes, schematics etc.

Sayzer

ardhuru
- 13th February 2006, 14:41
Hi Joe,

Here's a URL; not sensorless, but does use a PIC, and seems very informative.

http://frederic.brame.free.fr/variateur%20pour%20moteur%20brushless/variateur%20pour%20moteur%20brushless.htm

I am also very interested in being able to drive a BLDC (perhaps a CDROM motor?) with a PIC, although I have not made much headway yet. Would love to hear your experience(s).

Regards,

Anand

sayzer
- 14th February 2006, 09:28
AN857 is sensored/sensorless complete BLDC Motor controller example.

Because the pdf file is approx. 550Kb. I could not upload it here but it can be downloaded at MicroChip's WEB site.

The file has everything explicitly described inside ; including ASM codes for sensored and sensorless versions, schematics, mosfet drivers etc.

I can send the file to anyone who has difficulty in finding it; just drop me an e-mail.

Also, pls post the progress here if you use PBP code so that we will not have to get through the same experiences.

Sayzer

BigWumpus
- 2nd July 2006, 20:42
I have to design a BLDC-Controller.
I will use a 18Fxx31. I have the microchip-board "PICDEM ... DC LV"
So I have to translate the ANs to PBP.
Has anyone done this before ?

The PICDEM-board also runs with an dsPIC, but PBP doesn't ;-)