PDA

View Full Version : 16F628 problems

fowardbias
- 11th January 2006, 07:38
The hardware I'm using is the 16F628, PBP compiler 2.45, MeLabs programmer(parrallel port) ver2.42 and the MicroCode Studio ver2.1.0.7 running Win 95 at 200 Mhz. I was trying to run the SEROUT2 command to drive a serial H bridge module when I ran into a massive amount of compile error codes. Some of them were: Error ram end must be defined...Error ram banks must be defined...Error no library statement or library parameter....Error unable to open file PBPMAC.INC...C\program files\mecanique\mcs\16f628.bas error line 14:syntax error.....and so on with more syntax errors. Using the same code I changed the device from the 16F628 to the 16F628A in the drop down window and it compiled without errors but the motor never ran. Again this could be legitimate code errors. I decided to back track and wrote a LED blink routine and ran into the same errors. The syntax errors were showing up for lines of code that didn't exist. At times the Device Not Blank-Program Anyway ? window would pop up, yet the chip showed nothing in program code space or EEPROM. Finally after several attempts it did compile and ran the LED. I also had this happen with the MCS 2.3. Whats going on here?