PDA

View Full Version : USB Programmer

Qacer
- 9th January 2006, 17:05
I don't know where else to put this. When I purchased a PICBASIC Pro compiler, I also got a Mel Labs USB programmer. When I installed MicroCode Studio, I only see the option for a serial programmer. How do I add the USB programmer to the list? Also, is it possible to add the programmer to MPLAB?

Thanks!

Bruce
- 9th January 2006, 18:27
With MCS up & running, click View\Compile and Program Options. Select the Programmer tab, and click Add New Programmer. It's fairly simple to add any new programmer to MCS.

I don't beleive MPLAB supprts anything but the Microchip programmers.

Qacer
- 9th January 2006, 18:46
Thanks, Bruce! I added a new programmer, but I could not find the Mel Labs USB Programmer under the entry. I have another option to create a custom programmer entry, but I don't know what file to use.

Bruce
- 9th January 2006, 19:29
Create the custom entry, type in the name you want shown on the menu, and tell MCS where the programmer software is installed.

sooyewguan
- 18th January 2006, 13:43
Can we use MCS with ICD2 programmer ?

chuckles
- 18th January 2006, 13:56
Hello,

I don't know if this helps by I recently got the Melabs USB PIC programmer along with PBPRO, and Microcode studio. After installing all the software, In MCS I selected the MicroEngineering Labs Serial Programmer, then told it where to find the programmer software.

I've been making programs for a few weeks now and I haven't had any problems programming PICS.

As far as MPLAB goes I haven't even played with it yet, but from what I have been reading it doesn't support anything other than the Microchip programmers.