PDA

View Full Version : PicBasicPro in Malaysia?

wjsmarine
- 5th January 2006, 06:54
Hi Members,

Apologies if this is in the wrong area of the list.

I just moved to Malaysia and will be here about 4 years with work. After hours I do my best to develop items with PBP and am wondering if there are other users around KL where I am who might want to get in touch?

I know a great deal of chips are manufactured in Malaysia and am also wondering if this means samples are available (Maxim, etc,.). I'd also like to know where to buy Pic's from locally around KL if anyone knows.

I can be contacted off list by interested parties [email protected]

Thanks and apologies again,
Bill

capix
- 22nd February 2006, 19:15
dear bill,

why not u try to find what u want at "Jalan PASAR" there are lots of electronics component shops and its cheap compared to RS or farnell. I think to find PIC's should be no problem there, coz im doing my final year project and buy PIC16F877A that cost me about RM25. If u know berjaya timesquare in KL is, then its not far away to get there. u can ask people arround there or u can take a cab and ask the driver to go to "JALAN PASAR" ok.the shop that i'll recommend is NIXIE,MAPLIN or CALTRUS, others is ok too. another thing, u might find someone that using the PBP there, try ask the shop owner. have a nice day in KL...tata

regard
capix

wjsmarine
- 23rd February 2006, 01:56
Hi Capix,

Thanks for the information.

Actually I already discovered Jalan Pasar and have made a number of purchases there. Do you know of anywhere in KL where I can have pcb's professionally made? I make my own prototypes (single sided) to confirm layout and operation but now need to have a production run made with other designs to follow.

You can PM me so we don't clutter up the list if you like, unless there are other Malay parties interested in this thread.

Cheers,
Bill

capix
- 23rd February 2006, 10:41
helo bill

im not so sure bout that, but if i not mistaken there are some group recently doing electronics project for students, they also make the PCB too. at caltrus electronic shop(small shop at the behind the building with RHB bank i think) try ask chinese unlce or someone there, running the shop he can give the contact number of that group. by the way, where r u from? what u doin in malaysia?

just to helps
capix

nimonia
- 23rd February 2006, 14:34
hello capix, no offence but FYI caltrus stuff are expensive but the uncle is very helpful. maybe becoz they know they get their business from students who know nothing. they even sell sampled PICs haha. try other shops. much cheaper. anyway if u want electronic services u can email me at [email protected]. wic college or uni u from? probably i could tap into the market there?

capix
- 23rd February 2006, 16:25
yup i know caltrus stuff are expensive and i dont buy stuff from there, i'll much prefers nixie. also the uncle is nice, but the uncle have a contact of some group/someone that use to do project for students who no nothing, i know this bcoz of my senior. as for me, im a DIY student, dont want to wasting my pocket my if i ask them to do for me haha...

well, im UCSI students at taman counought if u want to know, still on going in my final year aaargghh stress stress 2month to go...yes i could use some help if u are experts in PIC. i'll mail u if i got problem later if u dont mind thank u.

regards
capix

Acetronics2
- 23rd February 2006, 17:16
Hi, Bill

I know it is not really to your next door ... but a web search with " Picbasic Singapore " gives good results.

I've had many friends there ( 20 years ago ...) who offered me many times to ship Europe unavailable parts at decent prices.

Chinese Block was full of semis sold to the pound !!!

... Orchids for my girlfriend too !!!

Now, with the web, it must be much easier ...

Just a ( long ... ) bridge to cross ... worth it !!! the visit too ...

Alain

wjsmarine
- 24th February 2006, 01:14
Thanks for the info guys.

Daniel drop me a line when you are in town next, thanks for your last pm too.

Alain, thanks for the suggestions, I'll do a search later.

Capix, thanks for the info on uncle, I may go for a look next time at Jln Pasar.

I'll close this thread now if everyone happy, you all have my email as above so drop me a line if I can help.

Cheers,
Bill

PoTeToJB
- 28th February 2006, 15:11
helllo there...
i would like to buy/lend a book about all of pic basic pro.
If nessesary i would like to buy the book directly from book shop.
as i living in johor, i wish if anyone could help me give the name and location of any shop which i can buy/get the book.

i really need help and this is urgent.
thanks for those who concern about this.

--> [email protected]

kblim
- 2nd March 2006, 10:21
Yes, sometime buying PIC will be difficult. Anyhow, you can give a call to Mobicon in Old Klang road. They are selling various type of PICs with resonable price in quatity of X10 pieces.

I myself is from Seri Kembangan. I like to buy from mobicon for my projects.

Keep in touch.