PDA

View Full Version : pic18f4620 and flashlab77

igeorge
- 27th December 2005, 21:33
Hi everybody,
I have a flashlab77 development board and I just bought some 18f4620 from microchip.
I converted a code from a 16f877 to the new processor , compile with no errors, just 3 warnings about 18f4620.inc 20: __Config has been deprecated for pic18 devices
After that it start the program process and it will hag up asking to reset processor.
I turn power of and on, but nothing happen. I try to put pin 1 to gnd for a short period of time , but the result is the same.
I can use the Melab serial programmer with the chip with no problem, but I can not program from microcode studio plus using the loader and the flash77 board.
The board work perfectly if I insert a 77 chip , with no errors or reset questions.

Please help
Ion George

Bruce
- 29th December 2005, 03:36
Hi Ion,

This PIC should work fine on a Flash-Lab board. It's pin for pin compatible with the 877, so assuming the loader firmware is OK, you're not making any changes to the loader firmware (config fuses) before programming it with the loader firmware, it should work.

Make sure to use DEFINE OSC ? and that this matches the loader firmware. If the loader firmware is compiled for a 20MHz osc, then DEFINE OSC 20 should take care of it. If this doesn't match, you will always get this message.

tvebronc
- 5th November 2006, 00:42
hi,
I need help converting the code from a PIC16F to a PIC18F just like you did...
I would really appreciate your help
I attached the file

mister_e
- 5th November 2006, 01:00
it's actually more than this.. you want us to convert it to PBP too? For school or your own?

Probably faster to know what it do then create a brand new one from start.