PDA

View Full Version : IC-Prog and MicroCode Studio

Kamikaze47
- 4th December 2005, 07:35
Hi,

Ive been trying to get MicroCode Studio to program with IC-Prog, but cant seem to get the command line right.

I have MircoCode Studio 2.1.0.6, and IC-Prog 1.05

These are the settings that I use in IC-Prog:
Device: PIC 16F84A
Hardware: JMD Programmer, Com1, Windows API Interface
Oscillator: HS
Fuses: WDT

does anyone know what command line to use in MicroCode Studio for this configuration?

eoasap
- 4th December 2005, 14:04
here's what i use:

with windows 2000/XP you must install the driver (download available on website).

- under 'hardware', you MUST use direct I/O with those operating systems
- under 'misc', enable 2000/xp driver is checked, all others not checked

all other settings are default, you can tinker with the I/O delay, mine is at 4.

Kamikaze47
- 4th December 2005, 15:03
my ic-prog works fine the way ive got it set up. what im wanting to know is how to integrate it into microcode studio so i can click program in microcode studio and it will launch ic-prog and program the chip.

ero
- 8th December 2005, 13:12
@Kamikaze47,
Pls. do the following instructions;
- RUN MCS
- Open the "View" pull down menu and select "Compile and Programmer Options"
- Push the "Programmer" button
- Push "Add New Programmer" button
- Select "Create a Custom Programmer Entry" and push the "Next" button
- Input ICPROG to the write box where there is "Display Name:" and push the next button.
- Input ICPROG.EXE to the write box where there is "Programmer File Name" and push the "Next" button.
- You will see two button on the screen now, one is "Find Automatically" and "Find Manually", try to select Find Manually and show the place of your Icprog.exe file. and push the next button.
- Input the parameters exactly as follows to the write box of Parameters;
-l$hex-filename$
and finally push the finished button to finish the setup.
Now your MCS is ready to work with ICPROG.
Load one program and push the button "Compile and Program (F10)" and see the result. You program will be compiled and the hex file will be loaded to the ICPROG automatically and ICPROG menu will appear on the screen.

There is only one small problem which I could not find yet the solution.
If you close the ICPROG last time selected with one type of Pic let say 16F628 and if you call it over MCS by compiling one program which using 16F876 the system does not work properly. I mean the MCS or ICPROG does not select the type of PIC automatically. If somebody knows how to do this I appreciate to learn that.

ERO

Kamikaze47
- 8th December 2005, 19:34
I tried what you said ero, but it just loads ic-prog with no hex file loaded...

i used -l$hex-filename$

ero
- 8th December 2005, 19:52
@Kamikaze47,

I do not know why it is not loading the hex file. I remember Long time ago it was happend to me also but really I do not remember how to solve that problem.
IT will be better to check again the programmer section. Ther eis edit button there. Click it and check the registers for the parameters what was entered.
If it is same what I said give me some time find the solution.
Regards
ERO

Kamikaze47
- 8th December 2005, 19:57
i deleted the programmer and started again, and this time it worked... not sure what went wrong the 1st time

thanks ero

ero
- 8th December 2005, 20:06
Very good. It is really interesting but I am sure there was something wrong first time. Anyhow, the important thing is the system is working now.

ERO

BigWumpus
- 8th December 2005, 20:49
I've tried
-l$hex-filename$ -tpic $target-device$

but now, I use another programmer....

IC-Prog will not work with 18Fxxx

ero
- 9th December 2005, 07:52
It does not work. I had made a lot of trial work before. There is only one way which is -txx$ if you give the pic number by this command you can get the pic. For instance to have the pic 16F877 you have to write the parameters as follows;
-t98$ -l$hex-filename$ . There is one space between 98$ and -l$hex.
Here are the numbers for the variosu pic's

- Pic16F84 : 132
- Pic16F84A : 133
- Pic16F628 : 146
- Pic16C711 : 74
- Pic16F876 : 96
- Pic16F876A: 97
- Pic16F877 : 98
- Pic16F877A: 99
But it is not convenient every time you cahange the number in the command line parameter. There must be another way to do this job automatically but I could not find it.

ERO