PDA

View Full Version : PBP / XP Crash

pondindustrial
- 26th November 2005, 18:21
Please help!

I recently installed PBP on my computer running XP-Pro and every time I attempt to compile something with PBP, the computer crashes as if I had physically hit the reset button. I’m lost at this point, this computer once had Win-2000 on it and PBP ran fine. The only hardware changes I made since then was add a DVD writer. Once the computer reboots, I get the option to send a report to Microsoft, I tried that as a last resort and the report says it’s a driver problem, but doesn’t know which one?!? I then tried booting in safe mode, PBP then works/compiles fine. I finally tried disabling all possible hardware devices in the Device Manager, still crashes. Any suggestions or known anomalies between XP-Pro & PBP?

Thanks in advance, Eric

pondindustrial
- 27th November 2005, 03:16
Turns out, the problem has nothing to do with PBP/XP directly. Following a long and exhausting time plugging away at the problem, I realized that any program that attempted to execute command.com would crash the computer. Therefore, command.com was the true culprit, or some byproduct thereof.

All in all, I think it was a memory problem...

To make a long one short, I reinstalled Win-XP and everything works as expected!

Thanks, Eric