PDA

View Full Version : Can't find my .hex file - timestamps confusing?

Gerald
- 13th September 2023, 07:17
I wonder if I am going nuts or if others experience this too . . . . . . .

MCSX 5.0.0.5 If I compile a program at 9.00am I easily find the hex file with the timestamp of 9.00am. But then, compiling the same program, with same name, at 9.30am does not give me a new hex with a 9.30 timestamp. Even if I delete the previous hex first. If I then search my PC for *.hex I cannot find a new one at 9.30.

MCSX runs this little window successfully and quickly every time:

Some days it works, some days it doesn't, and I can't see the reason it changes from day to day.

Any help appreciated, thanks

Ioannis
- 13th September 2023, 12:11
Are you saving the source file on your local C: disk or on a flash disk, Dropbox, OneDrive or Google drive?

Once I had similar issues with external drives.

Ioannis

Gerald
- 13th September 2023, 14:22
Hi, sometimes Dropbox and sometimes C:

That might explain my erratic problem. Will be back at my desk on the weekend to try again.

Thanks

Gerald
- 19th September 2023, 08:22
My .pbp file is in a Dropbox folder. The first .hex I make on a day also goes to that Dropbox folder. Any subsequent .hex goes to the Documents > PBP3 > EXAMPLES folder. Newer saves of the .pbp stay in the Dropbox folder as expected. But the .hex goes wandering off through the day. Weird, but I can live with it.

Ioannis
- 19th September 2023, 09:00
I also use the dropbox but have no such issue.

Just, from time to time, it needs more time to update the dorpbox folder and seems that MCS does not have accesss to the folder. I just recompile and the problem goes away.

Ioannis

CuriousOne
- 26th September 2023, 07:11
I noticed that microcode studio changes timestamp of the files whenever you open them, even if you have not made any change to it or compiled it.