PDA

View Full Version : Displaying Trend Information

Mike M.
- 22nd October 2005, 05:49
Hello,
I am trying to display long term trend information on a L.C.D. (decreasing, steady, increasing) based on the recent history of data coming from averaged A/D converter readings.
I have tried loading recent data changes into an array, and then doing multiple > or < comparisons, but I am having trouble coming up with a "noise" tolerant method of getting reliable trend information.
If anyone has any experience or pointers to get me started in the right direction, I would greatly appreciate the advice, as I am running out of ideas.

Thanks,

Mike

NavMicroSystems
- 22nd October 2005, 12:36
Mike, THIS (http://www.picbasic.co.uk/forum/showpost.php?p=13267&postcount=5) could be useful to eliminate the "noise".

Mike M.
- 3rd November 2005, 03:21
I did see this routine earlier, and it does look interesting. I guess I was a little concerned about small errors adding up over time with it, which I don't want for this particular project. Maybe that isn't even a problem with it.
I actually have thrown about every type of digital (and analog) averaging into this project already, and finally do have it where it "feels" right and doesn't have much integer rounding problems or any hysteresis error (thanks to all of the previous forum advice). I guess I was just HOPING that someone had already "been there and done that" with a similar type of trend, history routine. I'm getting rather lazy in my old age, and I'm still rather new to picbasic.
That's what I love about this forum. Someone can post an idea that gets you to take a different approach to a problem, and jars loose a brain cell or two...

Mike