PDA

View Full Version : PicKit 2 Questions

dmairspotter
- 4th October 2005, 22:25
Newbie questions...

I have done a few projects using parrallel EPIC/PBP/MCSP. Wanted to get a USB programmer with no wall wart so I sprung impulsively for the PicKit 2.

As far as I can see, MPLAB doesn't recognize this programmer, and I guess neither does MCSP.

If there is anyone with any experience with this programmer could you pass along some tips? As of now, it looks like to use it I'll have to compile the program, then independently download to the mpu using the programmers interface. I know, I'm lazy...

dmairspotter
- 7th October 2005, 14:41
Mecanique has confirmed that the PICkit 2 is not compatible with MCS at this time. No mention of any plans to make it so.

David Barker
- 7th October 2005, 15:18
You can only integrate programming software into MicroCode Studio if the target application allows you to do so. You can download the programming software for PICKit here...

http://ww1.microchip.com/downloads/en/DeviceDoc/PICkit2Pgms.zip

However, I cannot find any information regarding command line parameters for the software. It looks like it has been designed to only allow manual loading of a *.hex file before programming.

Most other programming software allows you to specify command line parameters (melabs programmers have excellent command line support), but this does not appear to be the case with the Microchip software. Without command line support, it will not be possible to intergrate into MCS.

mister_e
- 11th November 2007, 21:10
Woohoo digging an old thread :D.

Now you can launch PicKit 2 within MCS. Just download PK2CMD command line interface at the following link
http://ww1.microchip.com/downloads/en/DeviceDoc/PK2CMDv1-00.zip

unzip everything in your Pickit 2 folder, add a programmer in MCS (View >> compile and program option >> programmer tab), and use the following parameters...

/PPIC$target-device$ /f$hex-filename$ /M

Enjoy, and remember that there's an README file in the package too :D

Enjoy!