PDA

View Full Version : what is hyper terminal?

moud_man
- 27th September 2005, 15:15
hi

i saw in a thread

"If you have windows you could use hyper terminal to connect to pic "

so can anyone expain briefly how can i use the hyper terminal to connwct to the pic? i know that hyper terminAL is used to connect 2 computers but with pic idonot know

thnx for reading

bye

Dwayne
- 27th September 2005, 17:46
Hyperterminal is a program TTY program that comes with all windows operating systems.

It is equivalant to the OLD BBS communication programs back in the 70's and early 80's.

You may have to install it off of your operating system... the newer versions of Windows operating system does NOT install it automatically... You must call up your operating system programs, make a checkmark on the Hyperterminal installation, and then you will be good.

Dwayne

moud_man
- 27th September 2005, 18:20
well
that is good but there are some ques. didnot replyed:

1-what is the operation of that prog?
2-how i can use it in pic project? or in other wors what is the relation between it and picbasic or pic?

bye

Luciano
- 27th September 2005, 19:24
Hi,

Q1:
See this link:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Terminal_emulator

Q2:
See PicBasic Pro manual:
5.30. HSERIN
5.31. HSEROUT
5.68. SERIN
5.69. SERIN2
5.70. SEROUT
5.71. SEROUT2

http://www.mikroelektronika.co.yu/english/product/books/picbasicbook/06/rs232.gif

Dwayne
- 27th September 2005, 19:33
Hello Moudman,

MM>>1-what is the operation of that prog?
2-how i can use it in pic project? or in other wors what is the relation between it and picbasic or pic?<<

The program operates exactly as if you are communicating between two Personal Computers... It is a simple Teletype Program that can do ASCII echo of data and data transfer.

You use it in your pic project by selecting serial port for I/O. Select a baudrate that is SLOW (300 baud is good to start out with).

You can use Serout but you have to invert the signal for the Hyperterm to make sense of it.

The Hypterterminal only relationship is being able to communictate back and forth from a PC to a Pic Chip. Pic Basic Pro, or PBP has nothing to do with Hyperterminal... PBP is a different kind of software that compiles 1st and 3rd level computer languages to 1's and 0's (Hex format) so that you can load this Hex file inside your PIC chip, and make the PIC chip do the things you want.

Dwayne