PDA

View Full Version : Discreat fourier transform

rocky79
- 23rd September 2005, 18:56
HEllo,
I am just wondering if anyone have experience in implemeting fourier transform on a pic. I am using picbasic pro compiler.
The project that i am working on goes like this:

i am digitizing the integral of a square wave.using an external 12 bit A2D converter with 10Mega samples per second. the parallel output of an A2D goes into pic18 (i haven't decided which one yet). The Pic18 should perform the discreat fourier transform or FFT on the digitized signal. I am suppose to find the frequency and amplitude of the higest and second highest point.
Any ideas Please help

Thanks guys

rocky79
- 25th September 2005, 18:31
Well just to make it simple, anyone have experience in implemeting fourier transform? the problem is it normally done point by point or you save all the data in memory and perform FT.

sougata
- 26th September 2005, 13:23
Dear Rockey,

You may find something useful in the mentioned microchip application notes. Go to www.microchip.com and search for the appnote.

As far as the 10Meg samples are considered you need to have some sort of FIFO memory then interface it to the PIC. Another way is using a programmable logic. That will make your tasks simpler (I guess!!!).

Regards

Sougata

rocky79
- 27th September 2005, 23:50
Thanks for the reply, it's not an easy subject i have to do more research on it

Dear Rockey,

You may find something useful in the mentioned microchip application notes. Go to www.microchip.com and search for the appnote.

As far as the 10Meg samples are considered you need to have some sort of FIFO memory then interface it to the PIC. Another way is using a programmable logic. That will make your tasks simpler (I guess!!!).

Regards

Sougata