PDA

View Full Version : Alarm Clock code and scematic

surfies
- 12th July 2021, 17:34
Code for an alarm clock with a schematic, uses a PIC 16F876A with a 4 digit 7 Segment display, time and alarm time can be adjusted with 3 knobs, alarm can be disabled with a toggle switch.
Alarm is a tune played on a speaker, if you dont like my tune ,you can compose your own one easy.
enjoy.

Willie

Ioannis
- 13th July 2021, 09:13
Nice work!

Although a bit old the MCU. You can replace it with newer, cheaper and with no need of external xtal for the system clock. Reduces component list.

Ioannis

surfies
- 13th July 2021, 11:47
Thanks Ioannis, for the nice words , what is the newer cheaper ic called?

Willie

Charlie
- 13th July 2021, 13:14
Nice work!

Although a bit old the MCU. You can replace it with newer, cheaper and with no need of external xtal for the system clock. Reduces component list.

Ioannis

I suspect a crystal would still be required in order to have good time keeping accuracy.

rocket_troy
- 13th July 2021, 14:52
I suspect a crystal would still be required in order to have good time keeping accuracy.

I also suspect that too. Even the PICs with RTCC functionality (eg. PIC18F47J53 family) IIRC require an external 32.768 kHz clock for accurate time keeping.

Anyway, nice stuff Willie. I reckon I might call upon that code sooner or later.

Troy

surfies
- 13th July 2021, 17:48
Hi Troy, it really works, Ive also made another one for my deaf son , with flashing lights instead of the speaker system as an alarm

Ioannis
- 21st July 2021, 08:14
Thanks Ioannis, for the nice words , what is the newer cheaper ic called?

Willie

For example PIC16F1516 that costs 4 times less with much more goodies! There are many many more with better price and more peripherals.

The RTC crystal is absolutely necessary. The SYSTEM crystal is not. You can use the internal RC clock just fine.

Ioannis