PDA

View Full Version : ICD2 debugger/programmer with PBP possible?

Mugelpower
- 6th November 2017, 08:39
Hy folks,
i bought an ICD2 debugger some years ago and it has a cool textool socket programming adapter. I tried to figure out how to use it but it seems to me that its only useful when programming in C which I coulndīt. So is it easily possible to use it with PBP like a PICKIT programmer, maybe even as debugger or not. And: does it support 18F45K22 devices?

regards

Mugelpower

richard
- 6th November 2017, 09:01
i bought an ICD2 debugger
me too , I offered it free to anyone in Australia . no takers not one

your PICKIT2 will pgm 18F45K22 devices , all you need is to update the devicelist file [PK2DeviceFile.dat]
henrik gave you the link

I have a PICKIT3 I only use it if I have too the pk2 is a heaps better programmer

mpgmike
- 6th November 2017, 15:50
I have both and usually use the ME Labs U2 Programmer. I use the PICKit3 for surface mount processors and haven't used the PICKit2 in several years. Not sure where I put it, actually. The U2 has a dip socket. Drop the PIC into the slot and hit Control P.

Demon
- 6th November 2017, 17:29
Can't you take the ZIF socket add-on circuitboard from the U2 and just plug that into the PK2?

(haven't looked at PK2 yet, but it's on my get-it-next list)

Robert

Mugelpower
- 6th November 2017, 18:57
Since last friday iīm posessing the PICkit3 too, also the PICkit 2 and the ICD2 and a Velleman PicProg.
Used the PICkit 2 but got programming problems . The ICD2 programming adapter has this stupid Western-socket.
Will see if i can solder anything else to it that fits to the PICkit2 or 3 .

Demon
- 7th November 2017, 04:23
You should be able to assemble a ribbon cable from the Pickit2

to the U2 ZIF socket PCB

That's what I did except in reverse; a ribbon cable from my U2 to prototype boards, bypassing the ZIF.

Work's great!

Robert